Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dear Abby, Dr. Phil, Prudence, and Oprah-

I need your opinions please. I have a few things on my mind that I need help with:

Is it wrong to feel relieved when your husband runs over a nest of baby mice when he's mowing?

At what age is it appropriate for a girl to get her ears pierced for a second time? What about makeup and shaving?

What curfew should I give my 16 year old son? He gets good grades and is appalled by alcohol and cigarettes.

Is it bad that I take a nap almost every day while my kids are in school? I go to bed at 2 every morning and get up at 6:30, I think I deserve a nap.

What do you think about placing a hamper in the middle of the bedroom floor or near the bed? My husband always drops his dirty clothes there, so I figured maybe the one in the bathroom is not noticeable. Thoughts?

Hamburger Helper for dinner? I say no way, but my husband and son love it.

How long is too long to go without shaving?

I am trying to teach my 6 year old son how to do an "armpit fart" whenever I should be teaching him to tie his shoes. Does this make me a bad mother?

Any advice on how to get a picky eater to be un-picky? I mean this kid will eat his own fingernails but won't touch a P B & J with a ten foot pole.

I think my 12 year old son is addicted to his cell phone. Is this possible? Is there a cure?

What exactly IS toe jam?


Wondering and Confused in Texas

3 comments:

Shannon said...

No it's not wrong to feel relieved about the mice.

I think really we should only have our ears pierced with one hole each, this coming from President Hinckley. Shaving, as soon as she feels uncomfortable about her leg hair, mine was blond, but I still started once I had to dress down for gym. And makeup? Lipgloss is always a good place to start, but until I got zits and kinda needed the coverup my Mom wanted me to appreciate my God given beauty!

Curfews depend on how early he has to get up, I was always able to get at least 8 hours of sleep IF i went to bed relatively soon after getting home. You know earlier on school nights.

Naps are gifts from heaven, take them whenever possible! I know I do, and i get SO MUCH MORE done at night!

I told Keith if he leaves his clothes at the foot of the bed anymore, I will toss them! LOL, it kinda worked actually!

Hahaha, shaving? In the winter? Only if I am going to church with no tights, or I feel like having a certain someone feel my smooth legs! In other words I go as long as I can between shaves!

Armpit farts=funny!

LOLOL, good luck on the cell phone! Natalie already "texts" her friends with her little play phones! I think it goes with the new generation!

Hope I was helpful! LOLOL, could this BE a longer comment??

Kelli said...

Just my opinions: The mouse thing is sad. Meep. But I understand your relief. I think the second piercing is something that she can decide on when is older - like 16 or even 18. Leave it up to her, but not now. Makeup and shaving? Didn't Mom and Dad let us wear makeup at 13? I think that's fine - but only a little gloss and blush. Shaving? Honestly, if everyone else in her class is doing it, I'd let her. It's hard enough to feel different - and it's really not that big of a deal. Mom and Dad never gave me an official curfew, it just kind of depended on where I was going and who I was with. But I don't know... it's such a scary thing. I don't know what I"ll do when it's my turn. The most important thing, I think, is that you know where he is beyond the shadow of a doubt. He shouldn't be ashamed if you were to just show up. Not that you should! LOL. Naps aren't bad. I'm booked for one, and I always will. Hamper in the middle of the floor? Probably more annoying than the clothes. Ewww, Hamburger Helper. Shaving, I've gotten to where I have to every three or four days at least. I just feel better - and it's all I can think about if they get too shaggy! Armpit farts are just as important as tying your shoes. Seriously. Can't help you on the picky eater, dealing with it, too. I think anyone can be addicted to their cell phone. I don't know what to tell you about that. Toe Jam is just old Hamburger Helper.

Erica said...

Since I am none of the people you asked, all I will do is laugh and laugh and laugh.