Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update

My boys have done amazing at BMX this year. They will soon celebrate 1 year of racing. The best part is: Hayden is #2 in Texas in his age group and Hunter is #10! They had their last big state race yesterday. Hayden slept with his plaque. I am so very proud of my boys!

I went to my first softball practice yesterday. Our team needs lots of practice. I think we all forgot that we are OLD! At least I have a cute pink softball and pink glove. I am really sore, from batting. But, I hit 10 out of 12 balls, yay!

I saw a man come thisclose to getting hit by a train yesterday. It was so freaking scary. Idiot. Plus, it was an Amtrak. And they are fast.

Speaking of hitting things. I almost hit a 7 foot tall tumbleweed Saturday. That was pretty freaking scary too. Not sure where it came from? I had to swerve to avoid it and ended up in a ditch. It's times like that when I miss my Suburban.

Hayden asked me the other day if Jesus farts. I told him I would get back to him on that one....

I have a new favorite food. Luckily this one seems pretty healthy. I had a chargrilled chicken and fruit salad at Chick-Fil-A for lunch a few days ago. With berry balsamic dressing. It was really good, seriously. Go get one, now!

I am SO excited for 2 things: Kelli's baby shower dinner on Saturday AND my little sister Amy is having her baby in 2 weeks. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

And, that's all for now folks. I sure hope I have something awesome to blog about soon....

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay, boys, I'm so proud of them. And what's this about softball? I know nothing... Did I miss something?

Ashley said...

Jon and I joined an adult softball league. I need the exercise BAD. I am hoping to lose 75 pounds in 8 games. Can I do it?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yay for softball!! Of course you can do it!! If I had consecutive nights free, I would join up too! Our ward has volleyball..but its lame and only games for 2 weekends!