Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...

By now, those of you who read this know that I have odd things happen to me, often. All true, I promise. Well, today was no exception:

This morning I was headed to my neighbor's house so we could go walking when I spotted some trash in my yard. I made a mental note to clean it up after my walk. We are on a corner and people chunk trash in our yard alot. But, as I got closer I realized it was a bunch of bags full of something. I thought that maybe Jon had left fertilizer or seeds of some kind in the yard the last time he did yard work. They were about 5 inches wide and 12 inches long, and there were six of them in all. Thinking nothing of it, I flip over the first bag. Imagine my surprise when the words FRESH GROUND VENISON stares back at me. For those of you who don't know, venison is deer meat. We live in the sticks and alot of our friends and neighbors hunt. It's not at all unusual to be offered meat of some kind. I once saw a neighbor gutting and skinning a deer in his garage. But, I never in a million years thought someone would throw deer meat in my yard. I mean, I'm all about trying new food. But, at least ring my doorbell and offer it to me. And, yes we do get trash thrown in our yard ALOT, but if someone wanted to clean out their freezer, there are about 50 houses they pass before mine. I am thinking someone was pulling a nasty prank, but I am not sure why? Can't think of any enemies. I am baffled. I do not think it's funny at all. And, more than anything I want to know who did it and why. I would love y'alls opinions on this...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

ewwwwww!

Krista said...

Hmmmm!! That's different. Because if they were really trying to be nice, they should have given it to you directly so you could put it in the freezer. Was it still fresh enough to keep??? Weird.

Erica said...

See what I mean about living in/near Podunkville? Strange. Who does that? I don't even know how to respond...