Monday, October 27, 2008

In a nutshell

Lots to say and not alot of time, I have a softball game in an hour.

So, here's the deal:

My bad news was about church. They changed the boundaries in my ward. So, after finally getting to know a handful of people I am being sent to a new area. I had a really hard time fitting in and felt like I had started to belong a teeny bit. I guess the hardest part was Sunday. I honestly thought more people would care that I was going, but no. I had five whole people say they were gonna miss me. I shouldn't have been surprised. I kept to myself and almost always went alone. I kinda feel as if I had been a more important figure in my ward, Sunday wouldn't have been a huge disappointment. But, I am not sad or mad anymore. I am excited for yet another new adventure. And, just a little side note: only me and ONE other person are leaving...

Next order of business, sickness. This is the third week in a row that I have had a sick kid at home. First Hunter had fever and a mild sore throat 2 weeks ago, last week was Chan and the "rash debacle". Now, it's Hayden. He has been running fever since yesterday morning. It has never gone below 99.5, so today they were able to squeeze us in for an appointment. And, he has strep. My poor baby. He was right, this is the sicko time of year. So, he is home with me til Wednesday. He even asked me if I would take a nap with him today. He hasn't done that in 3 years. So we napped, and I must have been super groggy when we cuddled and he kissed me on the lips... Crossing my fingers that no germs jumped off his lips and onto mine!

And, last but not least. Weight. I am hovering at anywhere from 15.5 to 16 pounds lost. Which really annoys me. I can notice a slight difference, but I want more. I have zero motivation. Things have just been so busy lately. My eating is fine, I am just not exercising. I am really not sure what to do? I keep saying I am gonna go for a walk or bike ride with Jon each night. But, the DVR is always calling my name. Loudly. It also bugs me that even though I know I am doing better, to the "world" I am still the fat chick. I really shouldn't care what other people think, but I do. I wanna be the hot mom, not the fat mom with the big butt.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, I for one am very sad that both you guys and John will be leaving us, even if I didn't get a chance to tell you. I hope you will still come to book clubs occasionally!

Ashley said...

Thanks Amanda! I have already spoken to my new RS prez and I am excited to be in the new ward. I will for sure come to book club.