Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Queen of Casseroles

I just finished a casserole marathon (for my swap). And, although I am super glad to have five nights of dinners already prepared, I am so tired and sweaty. I have a ton of dishes to wash, but when do I not? I am kinda relieved only four other women are doing this. If I had to make seven casseroles, I might have died. Ok, not really. I managed to make all those casseroles and didn't get a single spot of cheese on my WHITE shirt. The floor is a whole 'nother story. I ended up making mac~and~cheese with ham. I think I managed to use more ham and cheese than one person should consume in an entire year. And butter... I am thinking of naming it- Ashley's Heart Attack Ham and Cheese Casserole. Just kidding. I just hope they taste good and re-heat well, I am kinda nervous.

4 casseroles to trade (ours is in the frig)


Me and my handiwork


The Aftermath

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Dude, thats awesome. And I am totally smacking myself b/c I never sent you a recipe! Crap ;(.
But WOW! thats some yummy food!

Shannon said...

sounds so good! and what a fun swap!

Erica said...

Okay, how does this work? I need to coordinate or get into something like this...

Ashley said...

A girl in my ward coordinated it. We are gonna start doing them every month. You just make a certain number of casseroles and you get to take that many home. That's it. I got 4 to bring home tonight: stuffed peppers, chicken tetrazinni, ham and broccoli, and King Ranch casserole. I can give anyone whose interested the info, the more the merrier.

Leanne said...

Your mac and cheese with ham was excellent. My family loved it. I had extra kids tonight and it was a hit with everyone. That recipe is a keeper for sure.