Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old...

Today I had the awesome opportunity to get to hang out with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Maranatha. I have known her since I was in 8th grade and she was in 6th. Unfortunately we both went our separate ways and it's been a loooong time since I've seen her, 14 years to be exact. I last saw her at my reception, May 11th, 1996. When I found out she was gonna be in the metroplex I jumped at the chance to get to see her and meet her two boys, Inti and Ocean. We met at a neat little park in Grand Prairie for a picnic. But, not being a planner I didn't bring lunch. Which was fine, because I got to try some of their hummus and I was so excited to be with my friend, that I didn't even notice I was hungry until my drive back home. Even though lots of things have happened in our lives and we are older and a little different now, I know she would do anything for me and I the same. I just adore her. And, it was pretty darn neat to see her with babies of her very own. She is like a sister to me. I really had fun hanging out and playing with her boys. Good times. I can't wait to see her again and for sure it will be sooner than 14 years!

Inti testing out some fake zombie eyeballs


Ocean, worn out


Ashley and Maranatha: self portrait (I look so freaking tired)


opening the goodies Miss Ashley brought



group shot

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you got to see her again. Sorry I couldn't come - my mind wanted to, my body didn't!

Anonymous said...

i loved seeing you too :) and you are always welcome here in oakland :)