Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Alphabutt... potty humor at it's finest


I recently admitted that I never fart in front of my husband, and it's true. But, he has no qualms about farting in front of me. Neither do my boys. I have 5 brothers and a dad who could hold their own in the fart department as well. Growing up, we even called them things other than farts or toots or gas. We called them: windies and speer-hoyts. Don't ask. But, I know Kelli and Amy will laugh when they read those two words. Especially if they remember exactly what a speer-hoyt sounds like... Anyway, while I try to keep a straight face when someone in the family "passes gas", I usually end up laughing. I mean, the sounds and smells that come from my husband and children are almost unbelievable! Which brings me to the reason for this nasty post- I totally laugh at potty humor, whoopie cushions, etc. And, that is precisely why I ordered the funniest CD ever today. It's called Alphabutt and it's by Kimya Dawson. She sang most of the songs on the Juno soundtrack, and she's hilarious! She is an indie/folk singer. This CD is all about those things (like farts and poo) you hate your kids to talk about. But, I figured if you can't beat 'em join 'em. The kids and I headed into Barnes and Noble tonight to buy it and even though it wasn't in stock, we were still able to sample some songs on the headphones. We were laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our faces. I can't wait until Friday when it comes in. Seriously, I am that immature. I can picture us now, driving down the street in the minivan laughing our butts off, and we are having a good time. So, I am sorry for getting into potty humor, but if it helps me and my kids share a laugh in this crazy world, oh well.

Sample Alphabutt here!

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Don't forget SHARTS. ;)
Might have to get that CD for James for his bday.

Ashley said...

Oh yeah, can't forget those! Maybe I should do a post that lists all the names for farts.... He would love this CD, so freaking funny. The guy at B&N was researching her and her music as we were leaving.

Kelli said...

Ah, Bryce has also been converted to imitating "speerahoyts.". When we can't sleep sometimes we laugh and laugh as we see who say the best one.

Shannon said...

Hahaha, farts! The one thing that we ALL do, but not many people talk about! We are no stranger to farts in this house. I am always slightly surprised when I smell what foul things come out of my precious daughters butt! LOL

Ashley said...

is that how you spell it Kel? Couldn't remember and spell check was clueless......

Faintastic! said...

Remember la-li-la-li-poof? It was the rich people fart sound. It was my personal favorite. Kelli and I would stay up for hours in the old bunk bed talking about farts. Good times.