Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In

It's been a whole week already? This week has been interesting, to say the least. Exercise has been minimal, mainly due to alot of laziness and a little boredom. Add in a few shin splints and you get the picture. But, I have tried to make up for it by parking waaaayyyy away from every store I go to and we must have walked the length of the mall 4 times yesterday, because we were lost, so surely that helped. I have had the urge to snack more this week, I blame PMS but who knows? I allowed myself a cheat weekend, crazy I know... My family is no different than alot of families in that we eat out on the weekends more. I try to cook a few nights a week and the others we kinda have "every man for himself". Which means- sandwiches, cereal, or a TV dinner on nights we are busy, like softball, football, etc. Which brings me back to the point, I let myself eat things I haven't had in over a month. A Whataburger Jr (half order of small fries), thin crust supreme pizza (1 & 1/2 slices), and the worst of all.... a hot dog. This better be PMS, because I don't want the last three days of eating to become a habit. Which is exactly how I got this way in the first place. I am still reading and following labels to the letter. If it's not low-cal, I split the recommended serving size in half. I am charting calories like crazy, and NEVER go over 1800. My BMR (basal metabolic rate = the amount of calories you burn even if you were totally sedentary) is 1800, so I figure I for sure won't gain if I stay under it. So, I am happy to report... that I finally HIT 10 POUNDS OFF!! And, I looked up my "happy weight", yes there is a formula to figure this up, and I need to lose exactly 100 more to be there. (Check yours here) Sounds daunting, but I am determined. Several items of clothing are baggy now, which definitely helps. Darn it, I may have to buy NEW clothes? Bummer.... Here's hoping for a good diet/weight report next Sunday.

P.S. I definitely recommend reading labels and most especially checking calories of your fave restaurant food online. I looked at several places I used to frequent and some of the combo meals were over 1,000 calories each. Which explains alot. And, just so you know, on the days I cheated, I had minimal food the rest of the day, like lots of fruit to make up for the cheat.

5 comments:

Cheree said...

I think I'm gonna have to disagree with the "happy weight" calculator. Maybe "happy weight" plus 10 for me!!! :-)

Glad to hear you're doing well with your weight-loss. Here’s to the next 10 (for you AND me!!!!) :-)

Krista said...

I agree!! Mine was such a low number that I know I will never get to. I would be thrilled with 15 over that. Congrats on the 10 pounds!! That's wonderful!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oooo...that Happy Weight calculator is cool. It's just about where I think I could really be happy! And I cannot believe the amount of weight I carry around with me!!

Jenny said...

Wow, this was really inspiring. Congratulatios on losing 10 pounds, that is seriously a huge accomplishment! I guess I need to get busy too....sigh.

Ashley said...

Aww thanks everyone. I have been overweight for so long (10 yrs.) and never thought in a million years I would lose 10 lbs. let alone stick with it for 3 whole weeks.