Saturday, October 4, 2008

Game Night!

Tonight was homecoming! Chan didn't ask anyone, so I didn't have to make a mum. Thank goodness! I have made one before and let me tell you, it was stress city! Lots of time involved, not to mention getting your finger stapled and burns from the hot glue gun. Anyway- enough mum talk. On to the game. I am still learning about football, even though my boys have played for many years, but I do know one thing: this game was AWESOME! We had to sit on the visitor's side even though we were the home team. I know, I know. It was Jon's fault. He had the cash and was supposed to go at lunch and buy them. But, he got busy at work and we had take what they had left. The action in the stands was almost as exciting as the game. There were two fights (between two women!) and a large group of obnoxious teenagers with bad attitudes and worse language. The man behind me got onto them with me piping (hollering) in with my two cents. The game was sooo good, and ended up going into overtime with a tie score of 28-28. We lost, but it was the best game we have seen in a long time. Seriously, I would probably watch more football games if they were always this good. I am just so proud of Chan. I can't believe my cute little boy is a man now.

Me and Chan. Dude, I freaking love this kid.

4 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Seriously, Ashley...you are looking so good! :) Thats a really good pic of you and Chan!
So, the MUM thing is kinda crazy! But call me a dork...I can't wait to be able to make one!

Ashley said...

Oh it's really fun, but I'm a perfectionist. The girls have their mums and the boys have an armband. Most of them have bells, ribbons, whistles, footballs, etc. On the mum I made I put all the normal stuff and I added little guitars, mini ketchup (fake) bottles, lip gloss, little eye glasses, markers, bubble gum. I made Chan's arm band to match. It was so heavy. But, sooo cute! Next time you are over here I will show you Chan's armband. And, thanks! I finally hit the ten pound mark!!!!

Shannon said...

What fun! And you do look great in that pic! And I have to say, I am NOT looking forward to the mums, LOL, I told Keith we better not be living here by the time Natalie is in HS, for a multitude of reasons!

Kelli said...

I. LOVE. THIS. PICTURE. Chan, you are so stinkin' handsome and Ash you look totally hot.