Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Never too busy to blog!

I have been super busy and have done nothing blog worthy this week, other than my casseroles. But, I will update y'all on things around here:

I am in a frantic fall cleaning mood. Meaning, put Summer stuff away and get the house clean and cozy for Winter. Yes, I know Texas and Winter sound funny together, but you know what I mean. I am getting frustrated because my to do list keeps getting longer and I keep getting things half done. Like cleaning the linen closet in the bathroom while the rest of the bathroom looks awful!

Our ward Trunk or Treat is Saturday and I am helping get things ready, but still feel like it's sneaking up on me. I have ballots to make and shopping/cooking for chili. There are bounce houses to be picked up, hay bales to load, face painting stuff to be gathered, and on and on... Thankfully I am just a helper. If I was in charge, I might have lost it by now!

I haven't walked AT ALL this week, and haven't even thought about starting my running program. Plus, I ate pizza tonight. I guess today's my cheat day. Thankfully the scale is staying put. It's not going up, so I'll take it.

Hayden mentioned to me the other day that he hates the new school year. And when I asked him why he told me because that's when the barfs and the sniffles start. And, I agree. Chandler has had a bad case of sniffles and Hunter now has a super bad sore throat. Chandler was diagnosed as having sports induced asthma today. It causes him to vomit multiple times during football practice. Basically he coughs so hard he throws up. They have him on 3 different pills and an inhaler. Not to mention he has poison ivy BAD! I have never seen it that bad, and he has to use 2 types of cream. In case you are counting that is 6 prescriptions!

I get to see not one but TWO old friends next week. I am super excited. I am meeting my friend Maranatha and her boys for a picnic Tuesday. I have known her since 8th grade but we haven't seen one another since my wedding day. And, I am having dinner with Barbara on Thursday, we were both single back in the early 90's and were always at the dances trying to meet Mr. Right. It just so happens that she lives a stone's throw from me. How cool is that? A couple of our kids are the same ages.

And, in case you haven't heard, my sister Kelli is having her baby boy Wednesday. And, I am her doula, stand in husband, support system, nurse, and of course big sister when she has her babies. And, I can't freakin' wait! Seriously, I am way excited!

And, last but not least: Today, Chandler and I had lunch after his doctor appointment. And, the funniest thing happened. Our waitress actually thought I was 25! Now, I am not sure if she was jerking my chain or what. But, she seemed genuinely surprised that I was 34 and that the big bearded dude across from me was my kid. I had to tell her many times, that no he wasn't my boyfriend and yes I did give birth to him. It was really funny. I don't think I look that young and I certainly don't think Chan looks that old. She had said that she thought we were a couple and that we both looked 25. I hear something similar almost every time we are together. Makes me laugh, and I will admit it's an ego booster.

Now, that's all folks. I have a ton of stuff coming up in the next few days and I am sure something blog-worthy is sure to occur. So, til we meet again...

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Does the "dating Chandler" thing creep him out or make him laugh? And, I feel so horrible about the sports asthma thing! Poor Chan! I remember how he would always throw up after coughing as a kid. I hope everyone feels better.

Krista said...

I hate the yucky flu season too!! That so cool that the waitress thought that.

Ashley said...

We laugh about the dating thing. She was a ditz. After we cleared it up that he was my kid she actually asked if it was separate checks. Duh...