Thursday, October 16, 2008

That darn cat, hairy fish, and a pregnancy scare

Ok, I will first address the pregnancy scare so as not to cause any heart attacks or sodas to be spit at computer screens. I have been on a Fall cleaning frenzy, which I mentioned on here before. I did the master bedroom closet tonight, yay me! Anyway, I have several of those Rubbermaid totes full of keepsakes stored in my closet. I was showing Chloe some cards I have had since I was in elementary school and in this same box of keepsakes I came across a little plastic pouch. In this pouch there were powdered formula samples, old pre-natal vitamin packs, and 2 positive pregnancy tests from when Hayden "came to be". These tests looked pristine, like they were just taken. You would never guess they were almost 8 years old. So, Chloe and I decided to freak Jon out. Too bad we laughed too hard and gave ourselves away. Just the mere mention of pregnancy in this house stops Jon's heart. I sure wish I was a better prankster...
Now, for my other silly stories: today the kids all got their flu shots. And, at their doctor's office there is a giant fish tank. Today it was super dirty, with some funky looking chunks floating in it. Of course Hayden noticed. He told me that he thought one of the fish "coughed up a hairball."
And, speaking of hairballs. Pedro the Cat is a freaking NUT JOB. I dumped out his old cat litter, scrubbed his box, and put fresh litter in it. The second it's full of clean litter he jumps in like he's about to not make it. I kid you not that stupid cat peed a spot the size of a dime. He totally did that to tick me off. I can't stand when the litter is dirty, and I can't stand it even more when he jumps in immediately after I change it. So rude! But really, a dime sized spot of pee. Was that necessary? He couldn't wait?

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh our former cats used to do that to Jeremy the second he cleaned it out. And good idea for the 2 pregnancy tests I have stored away. Will use those very soon after this baby comes. Shhhh...and while I'm here, I wanted to vote for the top three on your poll, but I picked the most honest answer.

Shannon said...

LOLOLOL, "He couldn't wait?" that's good! Punk kitty!

Kelli said...

Oh, my gosh, that is such a cat thing! Every cat I've ever had does that. It's like they appreciate the clean litter or something. "Gee, thanks, a clean place to pee!"