Friday, October 31, 2008

Come again some other day...

I know that there are some people who would totally disagree with me. But, I detest this time of year. Yes, I love hot chocolate, holidays, yummy soups, roaring fires, and awesome sweaters. And, let's not forget- BOOTS! Although, as a salesgirl once told me "you're calves are way too gigantic for those boots." Huh?

Anyway, back to the point. As many good things as there are about the 2 upcoming seasons, to me there are just as many yuck things. And, since you know I love me a list, here goes-

chapped lips
static cling
getting "shocked" every time you touch anything (kissing is not so pleasant)
windburn
colds and flu
getting dark sooo early
cold sheets
cloudy, dreary days
crowds at EVERY store
traffic, traffic, traffic
flyaways
5 solid minutes for the tap water to get hot!
dry, itchy skin
hurricane force winds (I heart Texas...)

So, while I know I am probably in the minority, I can't help it. Give me a warm Spring or Summer day- any day! You just can't beat green grass, flowers, birds chirping, swimming, ice cream, sandals, sundresses, and on and on. I could NEVER live in a place other than Texas. To some the weather is wacky, but to me it's wonderful. Except for November through February.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

See, I love the Fall, when there's all those good things (BOOTS!) but it's the winter in Texas that sucks so bad. All those horrible things you mentioned. Ugh.

Leanne said...

Amen!

Amanda said...

Love the Fall, hate winter, Love the Spring (especially wildflowers) - Texas summers I am NOT a fan of.

Cheree said...

I love the good four or so weeks of wonderful “Fall” weather in Texas – and maybe about two weeks of the wonderful “Spring” weather before it gets too hot. Other than that – it’s too friggin hot or too friggin cold. So – that means I’m happy with the weather for about six weeks out of the year. :-P

Shannon said...

Hahaha, I love your list! Oh my gosh, teh dryness here is killing me, my LIPS! my poor lips! I am so glad it isn't just me! This list was pretty dang spot on, definitely some downers of winter time, but we have to focus on the positive, cute wintery clothes and warm comforting foods and lots of presents, LOLOL!