Friday, October 31, 2008

Redneck Halloween

For the record, I don't really think me and my neighbors are rednecks. It just sounded like a funny title, and we did eat hot dogs in the driveway...

Tonight we did what we do every year- we loaded a flatbed trailer full of blankets and kids and went trick or treating. It seemed as if there weren't as many houses participating this year. Maybe it's the economy? I mean who likes giving away free candy when bread costs $4 a loaf...? Maybe it's because it was a Friday, who knows? We still had a blast. One thing we changed up was what we did after. Since it wasn't a school night, we had a cookout. I made chili, my friend Erin made queso with sausage, and my other friend Mia made Ro-tel dip. And, Nona's husband Jesse grilled up some tube steak (hot dogs). We had chili, chili dogs, plain hot dogs, nachos, chips, sauerkraut, cookies, soda, and of course: CANDY! The kids ran around and played and we even did a movie (Casper) on the projector outside. The trick or treating was a little chaotic, it always is, but the "after party" was AWESOME! I definitely broke my diet tonight. But, I am down 17.5 pounds and I am starting to see my cheekbones again, so who the heck cares! I am kinda bummed though, as my big boys (Chan and Hunter) are at an age where it's no longer cool to hang out with mom and dad. They both hung out with friends tonight. I remember when we used to be the center of their world. I miss those days, but realize that's just how life is. Either way, I love them to pieces and I am so proud of my sweet, handsome boys. Also, a big thank you to Chandler and his friend Cameron for carving 2 pumpkins and passing out Halloween candy for all 10 trick or treaters that came to our door.

our barfing pumpkin


the trick or treaters


Chloe and Lyndsi


Hayden (crypt master, Jon let him choose this. Ugh!)


Chloe (punk rock princess fairy thingy)


dinner


driveway theatre


Hayden, Chloe, Madison, and McKenzie


Princess Vince


trailerful of trick or treaters


Chloe and Hayden and their loot


Hayden's CANDY!


Chloe's CANDY!


me and the spousal unit (look at my dark circles! Strep throat sucks!)


Hayden!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww! Looks like you guys had such a great time! I love all the pictures! I can't wait till we live in a neighborhood where they do stuff like that! Super fun!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

How fun! That really is cool that your neighborhood comes together for stuff like that! Looks like a very fun night!

Kelli said...

Oh it sounds like a lot of fun! The kids look so cute but I am with you on the crypt keepr thing. Our Halloween was a total bust unfortunately. I will blog about it later.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick but it looks like you guys still had a blast!