Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family Pictures

For the first time since before I had Hayden we actually had pictures taken as a family. And, this wasn't Sears or Target. This was with an honest to goodness photographer with an amazing camera, fancy lenses, and lots of patience. Missy, who is good friends with my sister Kelli, was able to snap lots of pics AND see the Myers' family at their best behavior! Hah! They did do better than I thought they would, we only had a few instances of gas passing and one little shoving poking match between Chandler and Hunter with Chloe being caught in the crossfire. Aww, what lovely children I have...

Really though, the drama started before we left. And it was with ME! Due to my recent weight loss I am between sizes in jeans, and being desperate for the same medium blue wash of jeans as everyone else, I bought the smaller size and some Spanx. Well, let's just say that my Spanx squished the excess Ashley up out over the top of her jeans into what resembled an extra row of breasts. I could remedy that by pulling the offensive undergarment over my real breasts and walking slow. Which, with red pumps on caused me to bring to mind images of Peg Bundy. And, I didn't dare even eat a cracker- there was no room. The girl at the store told me they had stretch and would loosen considerably after a few hours. And, they did but I'll touch on that in a moment... So, we go get our pictures taken on what was probably the windiest day I have ever seen. I really thought we were gonna get blown into the nearby canals. But, we managed to get some shots with everyone cheesin' for the camera in between wind gusts. A BIG thank you to Missy for putting up with us and to Chan for providing comic relief (dancing with his shirt off). Sorry about that Missy!

And, now for the rest of my story. After pictures we stopped to see Kelli and her family (thanks to Corgan for even more comic relief which put Aunt Ashley on diaper duty!) which was fun. I wish we could see them more but both of us get super busy what with 7 kids between us! Anyway- we tortured our children further by making them go to Red Robin (unlimited steak fries) for a late lunch. I had only been in that booth for about a minute when I decided the Spanx needed to come off. So, Chloe and I headed to the ladies room where she helped her Mommy go potty, and yes I did need her. She helped me get my jeans off! How fast the tables turn... Then I took off the girdle-y thing and went to chow down. I know how women in corsets must have felt, it was blissful to get it off and be able to eat! Really, I think the Spanx weren't needed after all. I should have just worn the jeans for an hour or so the day before and I would have been fine. Oh well... Fast forward to after lunch and us getting in the van to leave. I suddenly remember my Spanx are still in the booth! So, I make Jon run in after them because I had my shoes off and my pants unzipped. And, there they were dangling between the busboy's pinched fingers.

P.S. go to Missy's photo blog for a sample of today's shots

7 comments:

Lois Brown said...

2 things -- 1st Oh my gosh, those pictures are fantastic! Really beautiful! I would have never guess it was windy that day! Everyone look great.

2nd, oh my gosh, I have never laughed so much reading a blog in my life, I think I wet my pants reading about the busboy and your spanx! did john get them from him or did he just walk away?

LOVED THE RED SHOES!

Kelli said...

Hilarious! That busboy is never going to be the same!

Shannon said...

OH MY GOSH! Ha! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long, long, long time! That busboy, LOLOL! And the pictures look so nice! Such a great story!

Krista said...

Those are awesome pics!!!

Missy said...

Hey I had fun! And I wasn't really that phased by Chandler, I was just trying to hide how red my cheeks got when I turned around! :) I thought you all did so great, especially with the FREAKING WIND! All in all a really fun shoot, thanks!

Cheree said...

That is so funny!
Your pictures look AWESOME! YOU look AWESOME!
One of these days I’m going to call up Missy and see if she’ll take our pics too! :-)

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone! All the credit goes to Missy, we just showed up. Missy, I never noticed your face was red at all. Sorry about that! Chan's idea of funny falls along the lines of Jack Black/Will Ferrell and I have seen him do that dance many times!
Lois, my husband grabbed the Spanx and ran for dear life. I am sure we won't be frequenting that Red Robin again for a looong time.