Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog Post #499!

Holy cow, I just noticed that I am 1 away from 500, DANG! WOW! SERIOUSLY! That's alot of talking and writing.

Tonight, I am gonna do one of my all-in-one posts, just because I feel this overwhelming urge to blog. Not really. Just sounded good. So, here's what's up:

I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet. If you know me, this is a shocker! I just haven't had the chance, I am just getting things running smooth since our trip and today was so windy, that the outside decorations were a no go. I will decorate by Monday morning. I have put myself on a deadline! I have 6 Christmas trees that are itching to be decorated. Yep, 6 of them.

Coco got "fixed" today. I never thought I would ever see that dog this calm. She is not doing so hot. She still won't eat or drink and she is very lethargic, even though her surgery was over 12 hours ago. Daisy is beside herself without her buddy. I finally had to put their kennels nose to nose so they could look at each other. Daisy seems so worried about Coco which is sweet. The funniest thing is Coco's buster collar, which keeps getting hooked on things like door frames and laundry baskets. The next 2 weeks are gonna be interesting.

My beautiful new boots came in the mail today. Cheers! But, they don't freaking fit!! I am bummed beyond belief. And, I am not even sure how big the extended calf of the boot was. Because the only thing stopping me from trying them on is called a BUNION! Oh man, I was ticked. That is putting it mildly. I was already creating lovely outfits in my brain, but it just wasn't meant to be. I'll just stare at chicks in knee boots and daydream. Hopefully no one gets the wrong message.

I am super excited about this weekend. My sweet little nephew Jonah is getting blessed on Sunday. So, I will be heading to Austin to see him and his Mommy and Daddy on their special day. I can't wait to see how much he's grown. I kinda feel bad about church though. I haven't been to my new ward in over 2 weeks and Sunday will make it 3. Hopefully no one forgot my name! I am really enjoying the friendships I have made and the people I have met so far. If anyone from FW 3rd is reading: I'll be back! Promise!

I am halfway through Eclipse, and I am enjoying the books more than I thought I would. I really love to read and there aren't too many books I won't read. I had heard these books were cheesy and teenagery, but so am I! Sure, there are some far-fetched parts and there have been some dull moments, but so far they are good. I am gonna go see Twilight tomorrow evening, and I am looking forward to it. And, I have promised my boys that I will start the Harry Potter books next. I have read the first book, back in 2001. Which seems forever ago, so I will be starting all over again soon.

I have moved from the fat ladies department (as my mom likes to call it) to the not fat ladies department at Dillards. I was actually able to fit into a size 14 dress tonight. Granted, I couldn't breathe or feel my breasts, but still. I have been shopping at Lane Bryant for years, so it's nice to have other options, even an XL. I was feeling pretty ick about dieting and stuff, but tonight recharged my weight loss batteries. I have a new goal of size 8 by next Summer, help me!

And, last but not least. I have been approached by a website about posting an article about popular toys for the holidays. So, if you see an article pop up in the next few days, don't be alarmed. It's just a guest blogger. And, I am getting paid. Pretty cool huh?

So, there you have it. Today's pot of blogger soup. Come back and see me real soon, ya hear?

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Cool...where do you find these things...free chocolate and advertising for toys..awesome! you are amazing. Still sorry about dropping my phone when you called and then having to ask who you were when you had probably already said ....I'm an idiot...what can I say....Hey we know you love us and you will be back...family things are too important to miss! I can't wait to see you tonight...wish I was going to the movie with you...But I will see you tonight and then I'm sure you will blog about what you thought of it! I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your blog! So sorry about your dog, hopefully she/he will perk up today. Bummer about the boots. Way cool about where you can shop now...breathing and breast really aren't all that important! Way to go! Hang in there if anyone can make that goal...I believe it is you!

Krista said...

Hope Coco feels better soon. Poor girl! That's so sweet of Daisy to be so concerned!
And the Twilight books are awesome!! And so was the movie! Edward is hot!! And I'm also rereading the Harry Potter books. I haven't read them in so long and I thought it would be fun to read them again. I'm going to watch the movie (the ones that are out) right after I read the book.

Lois Brown said...

Yes, count me in for the movie!!!! I am your late night gal pal! And I am the biggest movie freak you have ever known! I love going to movies!