Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, in you guessed it: a nutshell

Was awakened after 4 coma-like hours of sleep to open gifts. Kids loved their stuff. I am amazed, as they get older their pile of presents get smaller but my credit card bill gets higher... Made a giant breakfast, pretty sure the eggs were bad, we skipped those. Which is super annoying, I just bought them yesterday and do you know how long it takes to scramble eggs for 6 people?!?! Took a nap, cleaned house, picked up trash and put away toys like 20 different times. Made an awesome dinner: shrimp, bread, salad, and other fattening stuff. Drove around and looked at lights. Blogging. Fixing to take a well deserved bubble bath. I hope everyone had an amazing holiday. Merry Christmas to you and yours. And remember, just say NO to New Year's resolutions. You're just gonna break them by January 15th anyway. Oh yeah, I got an honest to goodness spin bike, ya know spinning, the scary exercise class!? And, an Ipod Touch. Basically I think Jon is ready for me to lose the rest of this weight. So, he got me a fabulous piece of exercise equipment and something to occupy me while I use it. The End.

the living room and all the goods


Jon's stuff and my little pile (Ipod in stocking, spin bike in garage)


Chloe's presents


Chan's stuff (sweet 12 string acoustic, his 3rd guitar)


Hunter's stuff (we hid his Ipod Touch under his hat, he was kinda sad til he saw it)


Hayden's goodies (yes, he got Heely's and a skateboard, cross your fingers for no ER visits)


cupcakes for Santa (what? I forgot cookies...) and carrots for the reindeer


Chan serenading his family


my fave slippers


Chloe looking tired and annoyed


Hunter and his new BFF


Hayden just plain excited

7 comments:

Lois Brown said...

very nice

Lois Brown said...

It looks as if everything went off without a hitch! Perfect in every way! Merry Christmas Ashley!

Ashley said...

You too! Can't wait til tomorrow!!

Krista said...

Merry Christmas!! Looks like you had fun!

Unknown said...

The Exercise bike are an excellent way of working out. They are high impact cardio vascular workout machines. They help in losing weight by shedding the calories and also help in toning up the muscles of the lower body especially the lower limb and the calf muscles.

Kelli said...

You'll have to call me and tell me more about your loot.

Lois Brown said...

Ashley, how is the phone???? Is it working now? I've been worried, hope it all works out!