Saturday, December 13, 2008

Friday night at the Factory

Tonight Chloe and Hunter had hair appointments with my friend Israel. Since he is a stone's throw from our new favorite restaurant- The Cheesecake Factory, we stopped there afterwards for a late night dinner and some dessert. We had a ton of fun, cracking up and being goofy. We were all annoyed by the warm bread and frozen butter, which is pure cruelty. So, Chloe stuck her pat of butter in her bra and Hunter put his in his armpit. Yes they were still in the foil and no it didn't work... but it was a good idea. And, did you know it only takes about 4 minutes for 3 people to devour a serving of the 30th Anniversary Chocolate Cake Cheesecake? I kid you not, I think I took 3 bites. Those 2 kids have their daddy's sweet tooth and their mommy's appetite. DANG! That cheesecake didn't stand a chance. It was fun to hang out with my little pre-teen drama king and queen. They can be stinkers, but tonight they were dare I say it, normal?


See, we like each other- sometimes


Me!


Smile! Mom's got her camera out, again!


me, waiting on my 3 whole bites of cheesecake to arrive


DESSERT! Don't ya love the big "30th" in cinnamon?


where do we begin?


checking out the different layers and marking their territory


2 minutes later...


4 minutes later...


Holy Cow, we're full!


P.S. I loooove Chloe's hair. She looks more beautiful than ever. She is growing so fast it's unbelievable. And, no I am not ready for it.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun special night. I love it, because those are the things they remember when they are older, those fun spontaneous night with Mom. And very cute hair! I already need to get mine cut again, short hair shows growth SO much faster than long!

Kelli said...

Her hair does look so good, I love it. You should have brought me some cheesecake!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good stuff! You and your kids are so dang cute!

Lois Brown said...

Cheesecake Factory my fav! Good memories.. And yes, you will have to beat the boys off...I hope your husband owns a gun! j/k but seriously it wouldn't hurt for him to be cleaning it when the boys come around! lol.

Krista said...

Yummy!! Is Hunter growing his hair out again???

Ashley said...

Ok, I am gonna respond to everyone:
Shannon- yes, short hair does need more attention. They didn't even fight which was a miracle!
Kel- no cheesecake to be found. But, they are having a special now. If you buy a stuffed teddy bear that they are selling you get a $25 gift card from there.
Sarah- thanks! I think they are swell.
Lois- Cheesecake Factory is not helping the diet... that gun comment reminds me of my dad. He has chased more than 1 boy away from our house when we were dating.
Krista- yep, he's growing it again. But, I won't let him go any longer than it is now.

Erica said...

*Wondering if I can conveniently be around CF at lunchtime today...* That piece looks yum-o! Cute haircut! And I just saw your family pics...NICE!!!