Monday, December 8, 2008

A special trip to Austin

Yesterday was my nephew Jonah's blessing. And, of course I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I got up at 7 and since it takes me forever to get ready, it was 9 o'clock when I finally got on the road. I took my mom with me and thankfully we made really good time (3 hours). When we got to the house I had to go immediately and see Jonah, who was asleep. I tried flicking his feet so he would get up, but no. He wanted to wait til his mommy got in the shower. He is a freakin' cutie pie! So chubby and cuddly and my favorite part- he's a REDHEAD! We all got ready (Jesse's parents and sister were there as well) and headed to church. The blessing was very sweet, Jesse did a good job. I am sure he was a tiny bit nervous, but you couldn't tell. It was hard not to feel the Spirit and get teary eyed.
After church we headed back to A & J's so we could change and catch part of the Cowboy's game. And, Jonah needed to be "topped off" (fed a little- Amy's words not mine- but darn funny!) before we headed to lunch. We then went to Trudy's for some yummy Mexican food. Seriously so good, can't even explain. After a few pictures and hugs goodbye, we headed back to Fort Worth. Of course, being a true shop-a-holic I had to stop at The Famous Christmas store to check out the goods. I was still on the hunt for a nativity set and a new Christmas tree. The mice in our barn got into what was gonna be my rustic tree and chewed the wires and made more than 1 nest- yuck! Well, their trees were way too expensive, starting at $375 and going for more than $2500. So, I passed on those but did end up finding a nativity that was 40% off. After that we stopped at Target and looked at trees. It was after 7 when we got on the road. I spent the first hour of our drive calling every store I could think of looking for a tree. Finally at 10 (I was hauling butt) we stopped at a Grand Prairie Target so I could get my tree and a few food items for breakfast and school lunches. I finally made it back home at 11:15. I was so tired I think I was hallucinating.... and, my tree had a whole section of broken lights- ugghh! I got to sleep at 1:30 and have spent all day today in pajamas. But, I am almost all done decorating. Thanks Jon for exchanging my tree. Thanks Amy and Jesse for having us over on y'alls special day. Thanks for riding with me mom and not back seat driving. And, Kel- I am sorry I haven't made it over yet. I am trying. I hope Fynn is all better.

Happy Family


I got a pic of Jonah smiling!!


And, Jonah sleeping... aww!


My new nativity and my nativity snow globe. I am now obsessed with getting more and more nativity sets. There was one in the Christmas store in Austin that cost $25,000!!!


P.S. Yes, I shopped and ate out on the Sabbath, I am working on that... For the record it seemed strange shopping for a nativity set on a Sunday.

4 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Jonah is a darling!!! I really wish one of my children would get married and have one of those cute little things! And I like your nativity.

Krista said...

Ahh!! He is adorable!!
And sometimes you just have to shop on Sundays. You WERE out of town!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That is one cute little boy!
And I agree...when you travel, trying not to shop on Sundays is hard to avoid! At least you came back with something cute!! :)

Shannon said...

So so sweet! Oh my goodness! Those Cheeks!