Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Time Homebuilder

Today the kids and I went to my friend Joy's house to decorate gingerbread houses. Since I was busy working on Christmas cards I let them do our house. Let's just say I would have done things differently... Joy was nice enough to let me have an extra house (that had already been "glued" together!) all for me to decorate. And, boy did I! Let me know if you likey. This was my first ever attempt at a gingerbread house!! I think I would have given it up if Joy had given it to me un-assembled. That made it so much easier.









P.S. I used: chocolate chex, gum drops, mini Hershey kisses, red hots, Christmas marshmallows, red & green peppermints, candy canes, Lifesavers, M&M's, red/green sprinkles, Heath bar door, Kit Kat chimney, Rolos, giant Nerds, colored decorator's icing, ice cream cone tree, and powdered sugar "snow". I think I got a cavity just from breathing in all the sugar...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out sooo cute!!! I LOVE your roof! Very creative and cute! :-) Thanks for coming over today....I had fun! Blessings, Joy

Ashley said...

We had fun!! Thanks again. See ya soon!

Lois Brown said...

That is the cutest!!!! That was nice that she had it all assembled because that is the hardest part. My mom use to make gingerbread houses every year one for us and one to give away....i've never been brave enough to keep that tradition going....but they sure are fun and festive! You go girl!

Shannon said...

Cute! It is so much fun isn't it! I like your roof, and your wreaths. It's amazing the fun things you can make with candy, but yeah now we have 3 houses made of candy sitting on my counter! Not good!

Kelli said...

That made me hungry. It's very cute.

Krista said...

Very cute!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good job! You look like a pro!

Erica said...

VERY cute! And looks very, very yummy!