Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Presents

When me and my sisters were little, every Friday was spent at the mall with our mom. She was a natural born shopper, still is, but when we were little it was torture. So, if we were good we would get a "Friday present". A reward for behaving and letting our mom shop in peace. Well, today I got 2 Friday presents and I never even left my house! My most favorite of all was an eagerly anticipated copy of my patriarchial blessing. I lost mine when we moved, it's somewhere hidden away in a giant blue Rubbermaid tub. I bawled and bawled as I read it, it made my day. My other present was this bad boy, photographed in each step of the unwrapping process:



I am so excited, I can barely contain myself. I no longer have to wait my turn for the computer, it's mine, all mine!! My new user name on MY computer is Princess Ashley. Hopefully I'll be inspired to write beautiful, funny, charming blog posts from now on!
P.S. Ignore my unmade bed... I had a lazy day today!

12 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

SWEETNESS!!! That is a beauty!
And congrats on getting the Blessing...I love to read mine from time to time, it always means something different at different stages!

Krista said...

Congrats!! I love the color!
Travis shrunk his blessing down and got it laminated so you can always have it with you. I need to do that too because I lose things very easily;) I'm glad you got yours back.

Ashley said...

Isn't it just adorable? That's a good idea to shrink it down! I need to make a few copies for myself first, I requested 4 and they sent 1, oh well.

Shannon said...

Um, how did you request it? Mine got lost somewhere between Oregon, South Carolina and here. :(

Kelli said...

Ahhh, Friday Presents. My most memorable one was a fur coat for my Barbie. Just the phrase "Friday Presents" invokes all kinds of memories and nostalgia.

Ashley said...

Shannon,
if you go to LDS.org, there's an A-Z index at the top of the screen. Go to P's and it's under patriarchial blessing request. I'll put the link here:http://www.lds.org/churchhistory/archives/pbinfo

Ashley said...

Kel- I wish this cost as little as a Barbie fur coat!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Kelli put a fur coat on her Baebie, but made fun of the fur coats I put on ya'll I love that lime green beauty!

Kelli said...

The Barbie fur coats weren't made from slaughtered animals.

Erica said...

I am 'green' with envy...maybe I'll be good enough next Friday to deserve one of those.

Ashley said...

Don't be, it's not paid for... Of course by then, one of the kids will have probably dropped it or "accidentally" got marker on the screen.

Amazing Grace said...

That's a spiffy computer you got there!