Saturday, February 23, 2008

*B*L*A*H*

Ok, so I feel like such a loser today. Hunter's fever is back up, which totally sucks. So far he doesn't seem as sick as Hayden was. His fever is hovering at 100.9 and he has a pile of dirty kleenex next to his bed that could fill an entire pillow case. Hayden is doing much better. He has been singing, running around, and wrestling with Chloe. He still isn't his old self though, as he lays down to rest on his air mattress every so often. Chloe and I are both feeling yucky, but so far no fever. Just sneezy, coughy, exhaustion, and tummy aches. It just isn't cool that they got sick to begin with. As a mom, of course I want to protect them from everything. I know I can't totally stop the flu. I am feeling bad because I chose to skip the flu shot this year, because of money. Having no health insurance is not a fun place to be, I feel as if I am failing my children. I hate the fact that it is beautiful today and we are oblivious to it, we are all laying around trying to stay comfortable. You should see it here. Chloe has her little cocoon on the couch, Hayden has his blankets on an air mattress on the living room floor, and me and Hunter haven't really left our beds. I ventured out once to get a giant Coke from Chicken Express. I kid you not, I was halfway home when I decided to take a sip and it was freaking sweet tea! Yuck! I was so pissed, but too tired to go back. So, now I am just playing on my laptop and I have eaten a million watermelon Jolly Ranchers. I even got so bored I created a playlist for my MySpace page. That has been the highlight of my day, listening to old music. If I can get my tummy to feel better soon, we are gonna try and take a walk. The sunshine will probably do us a world of good.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Hope you guys feel better soon!

Ashley said...

Thank you! Me too. And, for the record I have eaten 17 Jolly Ranchers not a million, but close!

Kelli said...

Sorry, guys. Hope it passes quickly.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Ya'll will be better before you know it! Just give it time...
You are not a failure...you're an awesome momma! And as for insurance..it's not like the government (or whatever, ya know what I mean) has made it easy for people to be insured!!! Sometimes it's near impossible!
Get well soon!