Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movie Watching Spree

I have had a headache since yesterday afternoon, and now bodyaches. I sat up until 4:00 this morning with a bucket, afraid I was gonna barf. So, I am not sure if I have the flu or not. No chills, no fever. Needing something to distract me, I got onto my DVR list and to my surprise all 7 of the movies in the Love Comes Softly series had either recorded or were scheduled to record on the Hallmark channel. At 7:00, Hayden and I started the first one and he lasted all the way until the middle of the second one. I myself watched 6 of them, and I am gonna finish the last and most recent one after the kids go to bed. I really enjoyed them immensely. I am not embarrassed to admit that I am a Little House and Anne of Green Gables fan. As a matter of fact, I think I would gladly leave all this behind and take my family back in time to the Old West or out on the wagon trail. Yes, I know life was hard back then. But, it was simple, and beautiful, and innocent. Not, the hustle and bustle crap we live in today. No power lines, no pollution, no global warming, no cars, or stores everywhere, or fast food. Just simple people trying to make their way in the world. Now, if I did get to go back in time. I wanna be like the movies I saw: pretty dresses and a smidge of make-up. I'm still a girly girl. I could try and plow the fields or make bread, I would just need an extra lacey bonnet or some ribbons on my boots or something.
P.S. if anyone is curious about a birthday gift for me, I'll take the Little House or Anne of Green Gables series (books) please. I never owned many of the Anne books, but I did have almost all of the Little House books. I don't remember what happened to them.

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Im right there with ya, sista...we'll be in the covered wagon right behind you. I have always felt that I was born at the wrong time!
For you Anne fan:
"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair... People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is."
I would LOVE to own the movie series for Anne of GG...I have yet to read the books, though, shame on me!

Ashley said...

Yeah, the books are really good. Kelli has all of them. And, yes being a redhead does have it's "challenges!"

Kelli said...

I've always felt I was born 200 years too late. I love Little House books so much, and don't even get me started on Anne.