Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chuck or Treat

We went to yet another Halloween even tonight. Yes, I know Halloween is technically over, but we had to go out with a bang. The BMX track in Desoto hosted a trunk or treat. Of course there was racing and candy, but also costume and pumpkin carving contests. They had a gigantic pumpkin pinata too. Even the trophies were Halloween style. I know because my cute husband won one (3rd place)! Of course, (this is becoming a habit) my older boys were at friend's houses and me, Chloe, Hayden and Jon went alone. And once again no one knew what I was supposed to be, big shocker. I did get to do the costume parade in front of the judges, which was not so fun because I was getting claustrophobic and hot. Plus, I kept tripping on my costume. In hindsight that probably helped, considering what I was.
Which brings me to the trunk contest. Ours was awful! I forgot several neat items that were needed to decorate Jon's truck. Like a giant blow up skeleton on a motorcycle, a skull with a fog machine inside, garland, and a black sheet. It looked very amateur. I pride myself on being somewhat creative/crafty but tonight I was WAY off. So, I think the "head judge" felt sorry for me and my silly costume and he awarded us a best decorations prize. Which made me laugh pretty hard. Seriously it was that bad. I am gonna post photos of the truck, but no nasty comments please. My ego was bruised just looking at my handiwork. Oh well, lesson learned. Be more prepared! Anyway, the highlight of my evening was breakfast for dinner at IHOP and remembering it was daylight savings! Yee-freaking-haw!


P.S. Chloe won a costume prize and I didn't get to see my hubby race or take a picture of him, oops!

Charlie Brown and Chloe (my socks look dorky, they are yellow at least. You just can't tell! I even did the black design like my shirt...)


Charlie Brown as a ghost as seen in "It's the Great Pumpkin"


more Chuck and Chloe (she won a costume prize!)


Hayden as the cutest 6 year old on the planet


our "ugly trunk"


Chloe with our prizes


mad dash for pinata loot (notice the blur of kids)


those 2 crazy kids

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Two Halloweens? I am jealous. I think the people who didn't know what you were must have been high.