Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ashley Jessy Raphael

Back when I met Jon (in 1994) I wore glasses about as often as I do now. Which is usually first thing in the morning, before bed, and if I'm sick. Mostly I wear my contacts. Jon still to this day teases me about the "giant red glasses" he swears I wore back then. Actually they were brown tortoise shell and they weren't that big... Anyway, he would always tell me I reminded him of Sally Jessy Raphael. Now, for those of you who don't know who Sally is, she was a talk show host in the 90's who was remembered as much for her red glasses as she was for her cheesy show topics. Well, fast forward to this week when I went to the eyeglasses place looking for new glasses. I went in looking for frames, three different times and came up empty each time. So, I took backup in the form of Chloe, I really needed a second opinion. I must have tried on 50 pairs, and still nothing. So, the salesgirl goes to a stash of frames in a drawer and pulled out this red pair. I was very skeptical but tried them on anyway. Honestly, I would have never chosen red frames if I had gone in alone. But, after trying on several pairs for about 4 customers, Chloe, and the salesgirl I ended up ordering the red frames. (They made me do it). I just picked them up tonight. What do you think? Tell me, really. I think I can take it...



** If you tell me I look like Sally Jessy Raphael, I am gonna cry. For reals. Any resemblance stops at the red hair and glasses. You have been warned **

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yup, you look as much like Sally Jessy as you do Bette Midler, in my opinion! LOL. The resemblance definitely stops at the red hair/glasses! No worries, sis...you MUCH hotter than them ladies!
Yay for new glasses, though I have had the same broken down glasses for 7 years now, it's ridiculous. I just can never get my butt to the optometrist.

Ashley said...

Thanks, they are growing on me. The Eyemasters by me has 2 for $99 right now and the exam fee is pretty cheap. Plus, I have old frames if you are interested. I ususally get new ones every 2 years. Thankfully my Rx stays the same!

Kelli said...

I like those glasses, and they do not evoke Sally Jessy at all. The thing about the old ones that makes Jon think of her is that you had the same hairdo at the time. But these look good.

Shannon said...

Seriously, you are one hot Momma! I really love them! I wanted SO BADLY to get a pair of fun and funky frames, but I just couldn't do it. You look so great!

Anonymous said...

I lloooooove them! Mom