Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election!




So, I voted. I have been looking forward to this election for a long time. We live in a small town, so it literally took me 5 minutes to walk in and walk out. I knew exactly who I was casting my vote for, so it was easy as pie. I have been so excited and giddy the last few days and today didn't disappoint. I wore red, white, and navy. Even going so far as to wear red strappy sandals and navy blue toenail polish. I know I'm a dork. I even made myself an "I voted" sticker since apparently they don't pass them out here. What if I had wanted a free incentive for voting like a donut?
Anyway- I fully plan on staying up until every last report is in. I may even get snacks, we'll see... Jon took the day off so we could have our date day and go vote together. We had fun, discussing the possible outcomes and our opinions on the 2 candidates. Thankfully we are 100% on the same page politically. I guess other than the actual voting process, my other favorite part of the day was lunch. I highly recommend Hoffbrau Steaks for your next dinner outing. Seriously, it was that good. I got the steak salad. And, I am quite sure it wasn't on my approved food list, but who cares, we were celebrating. That we are even able to live in this awesome country AND that we get to vote. Of course the fact that we found out we are getting $5,000 at the end of November was cause for celebration too. Thank you Chesapeake! The wells we signed our lease on are finally producing and it couldn't come at a better time of year. Well guys, have a great evening! And, keep your fingers crossed that the right guy becomes our next Commander in Chief!


7 comments:

Erica said...

You are so darn cute! Dressing patriotic to vote. I love it. I'll be up, too. Hang in there.

Shannon said...

Ok, you are so cute! and Yay for voting, and a double yay for date days! It is SO nice to be able to agre with your spouse on politics! I can't imagine if Keith and I truly thought different, we like to debate back and forth, but when it comes down to it we are on the same page!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Um, that is SO CUTE! Seriously...yay for you for being patriotic!! Right down to your toes!
How exciting for your gas lease! We were hoping to get ours before the end of the year, but our neighborhood hasn't even gotten looked at, i guess....everyone around us...but not us! Sweetness, seriously happened at the RIGHT time!

Kelli said...

Oh, sorry, I totally forgot to answer your text about the steak place - but no, haven't eaten there.

Ashley said...

Thanks girls! I had fun. I think I was the only person I saw all day dressed red-white-blue. Even the polling place they were in regular duds. Surprising! Kel- Jon got scalloped potatoes and they were sooooo good. I thought of you, I know how much you like them. Y'all should go there. It's next to Freebird World Burrito in that new shopping center off Matlock.

Krista said...

Yay for the $5000. That is awesome timing!!
As for the election....no comment;(

Ashley said...

Krista- I totally agree on the election. I am basically done worrying about it. Nothing I can do. I was hoping my blue toenails would be lucky I guess...