Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm Thankful

Since we'll be in Tulsa, OK for Thanksgiving and we're having our "official" holiday dinner today, I am doing my thankful/gratitude post now! Here goes!

I'm thankful for:

my family. Seriously, I have been blessed with 4 absolutely amazing children and a really cool husband. They are all so different, but in such neat ways. Yes, they annoy me from time to time, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

my parents. Sure they have their flaws, but they're them and that's all that matters.

the Gospel and my testimony of it. This one speaks for itself.

friends, both new and old and those undiscovered. I am majorly blessed in the friend's department.

my new ward. Seriously, this little lost puzzle piece has FINALLY found her puzzle. I am super excited for all the future holds.

chocolate. Although I indulge WAY LESS than I used to, it's still nice to have on hand.

Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Chick Fil A, and Lean Cuisines. My four basic food groups.

Clothes, shoes, makeup, purses, and jewelry. Man, I have said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE being a girl! We have so many more options than men!

my minivan and that it currently only costs $30 bucks to fill the tank. I went from $97 to fill the Suburban and $65 at the beginning of Summer to fill the van. Gas better not go back up!

trials and tribulations. Sure, they suck when they're happening. But, I know they are gonna make me stronger and I am meant to learn something.

my room! I am just so in love with my mattress set (a Stearns and Foster, worth every penny) and I love my craft area. I seriously just love having my own space. Ok, so I have to share with Jon and most days there are crumbs in my bed, Hot Wheels on the floor, and empty juice boxes on my night stand. But, I just shove them aside and I'm good.

my red hair. Ok, so just to clarify: I am a natural redhead, PROMISE. But, it is fading a little and I do get it spruced up from time to time. But, it's still a lovely shade of strawberry blonde underneath. I just like it a little more intense. Thanks, Israel. Ssshhh...

my Swiffer sweeper. It's really alot of fun to go behind Jon and pick up all the crap his sweeping missed. Seriously. I just really like my Swiffer. Makes cleaning easier.

finally losing a teeny bit of weight. I have lots more work ahead, but those 20 pounds being gone has renewed the fight in me. It will surely be hard. Especially after visiting The Cheesecake Factory for the first time yesterday. Thank goodness it's all the way in Arlington.

my little sisters and the new found relationships with some of my older siblings. Family rules!

So there you have it. My thankful list. And, like I said last year, I am just so thankful to be me. Yes, I have issues. But who doesn't? But, I like me and all that I have. I have to remind myself of that often. But, I think I am pretty darn swell and I know I am really really blessed.

**last year's thankfuls here**

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Mmmm...I love me some happy thoughts! I have a feeling this is a first of MANY thankful lists we will be seeing, and yours is wonderful! Thanks for sharing :).

Amanda said...

I agree, you are swell. By the way, where in Arlington is the Cheesecake factory? It is one of my faves, and I only know of the ones in Dallas and Southlake.

Ashley said...

Thanks! Amanda- Cheesecake Factory is located at the Parks Mall. They moved Barnes and Noble and Cheesecake Factory into the old Mervyn's.

Kelli said...

Your "spruced up" red is not at all far off from your natural color. I need to get e-mail addresses you might have of the older siblings.

Krista said...

Nice list!!!