Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm so tired!

So, this is literally like the first time I have been able to sit down today. I can't remember the last time I was this tired. Yes I can. Driving to Utah. All day long I have been cleaning, doing laundry, and packing. We are leaving for Oklahoma on Wednesday, and I should have started some of the items on my never ending to do list a long time ago. Used to when we went out of town we just did a quick cleaning, but now that we have so many animals I like to clean as perfect as possible. So we won't frighten the poor soul who comes to feed the herd. Heaven forbid that person find out that we're messy... This time we are having someone house/teenager sit for us and I want everything to look amazing. I am talking alphabetize the canned goods amazing. When someone is gonna be using your shower, microwave, stove etc. you wanna make sure it's just so. At least I do. Jon's sister Atalie is on medical leave from the Army and she and her daughter Cadence are gonna stay here and keep things in line. Chandler is only slightly annoyed. He really thought I would consider leaving him here alone, on a major holiday no less. I really don't like being away from him at all, especially in another state. Last year he had the broken leg/torn ligament problem and this year he would rather eat sheetrock than go to a BMX race. Anyway, I was having blog withdrawals and I know y'all were too. It's been over 24 hours since I posted. Tragedy! But, today I had good reason, I was trying my darndest to stay as un-idle as possible. Burns more calories. Here's what I did today, I started at 10:30 this morning:

cleaned Hunter and Hayden's room (as thorough as humanly possible, took 3.5 hours)
cleaned out my entry closet (took 1 hour, I found 15 pairs of gloves)
cleaned frig, microwave, and spice cabinet (took 1.5 hours)
cleaned out my make-up case (took 1 hour, it's BIG.)
washed, folded, and hung up every single article of clothing we own (took 5 hours off and on, if you've seen my laundry room you know that this in itself is a miracle)
cleaned Chloe's room (took 2 hours)
re-organized everyone's dressers and closets (took 1 hour)
sent 4 emails
painted my toenails
prepared and served 3 meals X 6 people = 18 meals
fed 5 animals- twice
made 5 phone calls
sent 13 text messages
broke up 3 fights
packed Hunter, Chloe, and Hayden's suitcases
made 4 beds
took out 3 bags of trash
loaded the dishwasher, and
changed 2 lightbulbs

So, you see why I'm tired? I feel like I am 90 years old. I really need to bathe, really. But I don't think I can make myself. Must sleep now. Tomorrow, I have to finish cleaning, shop and pack for me and Jon. I definitely am gonna sleep all the way to Oklahoma. That is if my kids don't fight over the TV all the way there...

4 comments:

Lois Brown said...

What a day!!!! Have a great trip and Thanksgiving!

Kelli said...

Come over to my house and clean here! :) Have a happy Thanksgiving and I hope to see you on Wednesday before you leave.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Holy canoli thats a huge list! Good luck finishing up and have a safe trip!
Hehe...poor Chandler, being teenager-sat sucks big time, but what can you do?!

Erica said...

You wear me out!!! :)