Sunday, November 16, 2008

BMX birthday

Even though he isn't quite 7, we went ahead and celebrated Hayden's birthday yesterday. Of course we had it at the local BMX track. We did it early since we will be in Oklahoma for the BMX Grand Nationals (biggest race of the year) on his actual birthday. And, after weeks of warm weather, it just had to turn cold and windy just in time for the party. It was the kind of cold that seems to go right through you. It almost seems difficult to think straight when you are out in that crazy wind. But, we survived. We had to park two SUV's in front of the food/cake/present table to stay warm and so nothing would blow away. Most of the kids divided their time between the bounce house and the race track, as did some of the adults. That was the only way to stay warm. We managed to have a decent time in spite of the wind and for sure Hayden had a blast. I had a hard time getting him to get dressed today, he was in pj's most of the day playing with his new toys. I want to thank those that came to join Hayden on his special day. We sent out 25 invitations and not a single kid from his class came, which is disappointing. But, what can you do? Because of the crazy wind and supervising the festivities, I didn't get very many pictures. I am posting the important ones: Hayden, presents, cake and me trying out the track for the very first time.


awesome cake, it was sooo good



Hayden and one of his new presents



funny present, we are gonna have a blast with this one



me on the gate, I was scared...



me, riding the track. My butt is huge! If I continue to ride on the track maybe I can shrink it?

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I really am so sorry I missed it. But I am glad he had fun. Ask him what he wants for his birthday and I'll get it to him ASAP. It sucks that it was so cold for y'all.

Ashley said...

No biggie Kel. I would never have wanted the boys out in it, especially Fynn and Corgan, it was way too cold. Ewan could have stayed warm in the bounce house.

Amanda said...

So I think it is awesome that you got out there and rode - I am totally afraid of bikes so I think you are great.