Friday, November 28, 2008

BMX Grand Nationals Day 2

Last night after I posted we stupidly stayed up way too late. Hayden had fallen asleep pretty early and woke up as the rest of us were going to bed. So, we put him on the sofa sleeper with the TV on. That didn't work so well. He was freaked out by noises in the hallway, a shadow he kept thinking was a coyote, and he kept trying to play musical beds with the rest of us. I was still awake at 12:45. I also woke up three more times. I was hot. I was cold. I had to potty. Our clock rang at 5:30. Which is a completely un-normal time to awaken, in my opinion. Everyone was so tired we couldn't stop laughing, not sure why? We were at the breakfast buffet (which is awesome by the way, they have everything and it's free!!) by 7 and at the track by 7:40. The boys (Jon included) all raced three times. Which isn't a big deal except there are over 300 rounds to wait through. Put it this way, we were there for over 9 hours. Today's race was the ROC race (Race of Champions) and was for the people who placed in the top 10 in their age and class. They are all three in the top 10. So, it's kind of a special pre-race. You have to qualify for it, which they have worked hard for. Unfortunately they didn't do so hot today. They tried, but this being a national competition, it's very intense. Today they were competing against the best of the best from almost every state. And, poor little Hayden crashed pretty hard. He is ok, but the sad thing is he was looking like he was gonna end up doing really good. Lucky for them, they have Saturday and Sunday to make up for it. Not so lucky for me and Chloe. Sitting on hard bleachers for 9 hours is rough. We each read four magazines, painted our nails, walked around, ate snacks, took pictures, etc etc. We are so planning better tomorrow. Not sure how, but I am working on it.

Myers' boys having a snack between races


me and the Chlo-meister taking even more pics of ourselves


Chloe, she was super proud of her new outfit


Hayden in action


Jon in action


Hunter in action


Hayden asleep early again tonight. He is awake and hyper. Help me.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are just having too much fun! I love all the special bonding and memories that you are getting out of this, so awesome!

Lois Brown said...

Cool racing pics!