Sunday, November 30, 2008

BMX Grand Nationals Day 4

Well, we're home. Trophy-less. Which stinks and is a giant letdown. I won't go into logistics, simply because it is super confusing, even to me. Hunter was able to advance the farthest and was a shoe-in for the mains (trophy race) until he was crashed into by another kid. He was thankfully not hurt, but his bike got tangled up with another kid's bike and his shoes were still clipped into his pedals. By the time he got up, it was too late. He easily had 2nd, possibly 1st. We left immediately after he was eliminated. He was very upset for the first half of the drive and finally cheered up after several hours. Jon missed his last race because we had like 30 minutes to to pack our hotel room, they wouldn't let us check out late. Bummer. And, we know how I pack. When we made it back to the track, his group was on the gate. He would have never been able to wade through all the people to get on the gate. Hayden had 1 chance to advance and couldn't pull it out. He needed to come out in 1st place and ended up 2nd. I am sad about the results, simply because you pump yourself up for it, spend the money, the drive, being away from family on Thanksgiving and BAM, it's over before you know it. We had fun though. The boys got really neat swag bags, I got a BMX MOM decal for my van, they each got T-shirts and caps, and most importantly- tons of memories.
So, til next year. Hopefully we'll have better luck. Especially now that Chloe wants to try and I am being begged to start racing as well. Not sure about that last one...


grossest snack ever! Chocolate dipped dill pickle. Positively obscene!


Chloe texting and I-podding


Chloe and Hayden in the shoe shine chair at the hotel


me in the car, trying to be cute and cheer up my kiddos


Jon on the phone


Hayden, oh so tired!


Hunter, being upset about today's race

4 comments:

Lois Brown said...

You are right about the memories...so sorry about the trophies I know that is a let down! Glad your home safe! missed you today but knew where you were and was excited to hear how it all turned out~ Lois

PS really....a chocolate covered pickle? Wow, who comes up with this stuff...did you try it?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

OH that stinks! Glad ya'll are home safe and sounds!! Sorry it was such a bummer!

And that pickle?! A pregnant woman's dream, right? It still looks all crazy!

Kelli said...

I'm glad y'all had fun, but sorry for Hunter. That stinks! I'm not even going to say what that chocolate covered pickle looks like.

Shannon said...

Aww! That stinks that nobody got a trophy! But you guys did seem to have such a great time, so there is always that!

And i would love to fix up your blog again! Did you want it holiday themed? Shoot me an email and we can talk!