Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hope and Faith

No, this is NOT about the election....

Yesterday evening I got a much anticipated and highly welcomed visit from some lovely ladies. I got a house call from the Relief Society Presidency and the sister missionaries in my new ward. I felt the Spirit the moment they came into my home. They were all just so nice and the visit went so well. I quickly got over being bummed about my other ward. While I am gonna miss several really cool people, I am beyond excited about my new ward. I haven't even been to church yet, and it already feels so right! I can't even describe it. I firmly believe that Heavenly Father has big plans for me in this ward and I am so stoked! I am very much looking forward to Sunday and all that this path in life has to offer me. I found it very intriguing when I was told by the Relief Society president that the members of my new ward had been fasting and praying about the state of things in their ward for over a year. They had been losing families left and right due to various factors and it was causing them alot of anxiety and sadness. They really were unsure as to how things were going to end up for their ward. Then this boundary change happened and they feel as if their prayers were answered, and so do I. I will let everyone know how Sunday goes, but I think I may already know.

7 comments:

Krista said...

That sounds awesome!! And to already be visited by the presidency before you have even attended a Sunday....Yay!!

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling it would be a good thing when you told me, especially since you had been feeling so discouraged. Can't wait to hear about Sunday.

Anonymous said...

maybe you can find some friends

Shannon said...

I am excited to hear about how your new ward is going! Moving to a new ward is scary, but it sounds like it will be just the right fit for you!

K said...

We felt the excitement too as we visited with you and look forward to getting to know you and your family better! Welcome to the 3rd Ward! And a fair warning, I'm a big believer that YOU ROCK (just like all the sisters in our ward) and so you will hear me say it over and over and over... one more time: YOU ROCK!

Kirsten
(aka: The RS Pres. who already has you tagged for good things)

Anonymous said...

so..how did it go?

michelle

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I love moving into awesome wards, You are so awesome though Ash, I can't imagine you not having a good experience, you are so fun to be around!