Saturday, November 29, 2008

BMX Grand Nationals Day 3

Here's our day in a nutshell. I wish it were longer and more exciting, but I am TIRED!

The kids and I slept til 9, which was heaven! Jon went to the track to check the day's schedule AND went to the laundromat to wash my jeans.

We missed the hotel breakfast, bummer. So, we headed to the track and Chloe and I watched one round of our boys racing. Then we went to Target for breakfast/snacks and me a book. We got granola bars, trail mix, pretzels, beef jerky, and bottled water. It was only a regular Target, that was all they had to offer. Oh, and I bought New Moon...

Back to the track for 3.5 more hours of racing. I watched my boys race, but passed on everyone else. I was reading, Twilight. I had never even heard of it til about 6 months ago and then this movie hype started, so I gave in. It's better than I expected and not quite as cheesy as I had heard. Being an avid reader who would read the phone book and who can finish a giant book in under a day, I rarely turn down books. Except certain cheesy drugstore Harlequin type novels. Twilight was pretty good, I finished it this evening. And I have New Moon in my purse for tomorrow.

Racing finished at 4:45, so we headed for a late lunch/early dinner. We were starved for "real food", having eaten only snack-y stuff all day. We chose a really neat little diner. Not exactly grilled fish and veggies, but charming and yummy nonetheless. I am so nervous to see the scale when I get back.... yikes!

We headed back to our hotel at 6. Jon and the boys watched football, Hayden watched Transformers, and Chloe surfed the net. The kids managed to roam the halls quite a bit. Tonight there was a pretty big football game on and the entire hotel was in a frenzy. Most people on all 9 floors had their doors open and you could tell who was rooting for who. Our team (OU) beat OSU and Jon is giddy.

On to the tub at 9:30 til 11:00 with my book. Laid out clothes for tomorrow, brushed Chloe's hair, and now I'm blogging.

I am way too tired to describe each and every picture like I normally do, so I'll tell you now in random order: boys, Jon and Chloe, Hayden's owie from yesterday's crash complete with description, and the diner and it's funny menu. Good night, thanks for reading. I'll be back tomorrow with a wrap-up and hopefully photos of the big fat trophies my boys won. Basically I am crossing my fingers and thinking positive.





















P.S. I was most baffled by "wet french fries" on the menu, which sounds all sorts of wrong. Apparently they are fries drenched in gravy. Terrible name for terrible food.

2 comments:

Lois Brown said...

The dinner looks like a fun place for racers to go!!! I hope you bring home trophies as well. And I two had not really heard about Twilight till all the movie hyp I guess I've been living under a rock so glad to hear it is good as I am going to buy the books and read them as well...just so I can talk with everyone about them!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yummy dinner!
And I can't believe you finished Twilight so fast! Last night I stayed up till 2 reading it, I love it so much!!