Thursday, November 20, 2008

A little help from my "friends"

I had a lazy day today since I stayed up so late last night crafting. It was after 3:45 when I went to bed and after I finally dozed off around 4, Chloe woke me up freaked out by a shadow. Which ended up being the ceiling fan...
So, needless to say I was super tired today. I napped off/on all day and caught up on several shows that I had taped. I finally showered and brushed my teeth at 4:30, (oh you know you've done it too, wait all day to freshen up) after I got all the kids home safe and sound. After that it was a mad dash to get my chores done (breakfast dishes and beds made) before Jon got home. I really wasn't in the mood to cook, so I ordered Chili's To Go*. I felt guilty for not cooking, so I enlisted the help of my BFF Betty Crocker* and we made chocolate chip cookies for dessert and muffins for tomorrow's breakfast. And, while I am not into the homemade thing like my friend Erica, everything tastes great. Or at least I think they do, I would never sample dough or baked goods... I'm on a diet, remember? Anyway- I just wanted to give a shout out to my two pals Betty and Chili, thanks for helping a girl out.

*2 of my "friends"

2 comments:

Cheree said...

I can’t believe you made baked goods and didn’t sample. Now that’s dedication!!!
I need to check our brand of diapers for you – I think we have huggies and maybe one other brand (not sure – need to look). Do you still need more? If so – send me your address. :-)

Ashley said...

I so sampled. But, only a teeny bit of cookie dough. Like it was about as big as a dime and had one chip in it. And, I made me a baby cookie for dessert. The next day for breakfast I had a small muffin with a dab of butter spray and some fruit. Not so bad, like 300 calories. Scale is staying put, so that's ok! I'll email you my address. Thanks!