Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fun and easy ways to stay warm this Winter

With Winter rapidly approaching, I thought I would compile a quick list. A list of simple and cheap ways to keep warm when there's a chill in the air.

Place hot fresh baked potatoes in your pockets. It worked for the Pioneers, why wouldn't it work for us? This also solves the "I'm starving to death" complaint that comes out of your daughter's mouth every single time you run errands. Can also be used as a weapon.

Let one or more of your children fall asleep in your bed. When it's time for you to go to sleep, move your kid to their own bed, and voila- instant warmth when you return. Better yet, you could let your kid sleep with you, which provides a constant flow of heat.

Serve lots of chili. This one speaks for itself. Especially at our house. One pot of chili provides enough warmth for us to turn off the heater altogether.

Place a load of towels in the dryer right before your 60 minute nightly bath. This allows the towels to fully dry in the same amount of time you are bathing. Be prepared to bang on the wall so your spouse can bring you a towel from the dryer. Since, oops you forgot yours. Or, take your cell phone and text him instead.

Run all your TV's at the same time. Sure you're wasting electricity, but just adjust your thermostat a bit and it should balance things out in the power department.

Wait to go potty til after your husband is finished. I know, crazy huh? But, men tend to spend 43 minutes longer than necessary to do their business, which is insane... but the seat will be nice and toasty. You'll need a clothespin and a good air freshener, but at least your butt will be cozy.

Float a bottle of lotion in the tub while you bathe. It will be nice and warm when it's time to moisturize your ashy legs, crusty heels and leathery elbows.

There you have it. Cheap and simple ways to stay warm this Winter. Don't worry, they all work. Tried and tested by me. You're welcome.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

oh man! you crack me up, and some of these I might actually try! Though I have to admit I try and AVOID the prewarmed toilet seats, yuck! I am loving that towel idea though, especially the 60 minute bath part ;)

Amanda said...

Hillarious.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oh my goodness, you are one funny chica. You had me laughing from "it worked for the Pioneers". Cause I can just see you offering chloe a hot potato :)!

Kellan said...

These are all great tips - love the pioneer potatoe one - tee hee! I might just try that one - see what the kids think.

I'm Kellan, btw - nice to meet you - I'm in Texas too! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Be prepared to bang on the wall so your spouse can bring you a towel from the dryer. Since, oops you forgot yours. Or, take your cell phone and text him instead.

that's my favorite part. so awesome.

michelle