Thursday, November 27, 2008

BMX Grand Nationals Day 1

Today was looong and exhausting. Basically it was a practice day, to get used to the track, as it changes every year. One morning and one late afternoon practice each for Jon and the boys. Yes, Jon races now too. Basically I am just gonna put a little story by each picture so you get the idea of what's been going on. Too much for me to type and way too much for y'all to read. All the pics are interesting I guess you could say- No one was cooperating with me and my camera and the lighting was off so I chose the fun ones to post. Anyway, long story short: all day we (me and Chloe) pretty much walked for miles, the expo is huge! And, Jon and the boys rode their bikes ALOT. I managed to eat fairly decent, for being on the road. I did spend some $$, but just for T-shirts and caps commemorating the event. Oh, and we ate Ruby Tuesday twice, once for lunch and once for a late night snack. I did have a turkey burger, Happy Thanksgiving to me! Enjoy the photos!

In the car. Hayden eating his fingernails and Hunter SMILING! They were watching a movie while waiting on Jon to check us into our hotel, hence the no seat belts. Just in case you were wondering.


Best Western sign welcoming the BMX'ers. It was down the road from our hotel. (Which didn't have a sign welcoming us.) It was after midnight when we got here and I made Jon stop so I could jump out and snap this pic.


our broken bed. I called the bed by the window for me and Jon and as soon as we plopped down after dragging in our luggage it broke on one end. So, Jon lifted it up to investigate and the other side broke. Now it's even. It's also really short!


Chloe doing what she does best, surfing the internet...


this years track, it is HUGE!


Where's Jon? Can you spot him in the crowd of bikes and people?


Mom, can't you see the sun is in our eyes? No more pictures!!


me and the hubby. Our noses look rather large and we look so tired. We left for our hotel like 3 seconds later.


Chloe, keeping Hayden's hat safe. Good grief she's even beautiful in a baseball cap!


look at all those trophies. 1st place is like 6 feet tall. We would like to win a few of these bad boys, except we have no more room for trophies!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Ashley, you look so pretty!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! Good luck!!

Lois Brown said...

How fun!

Shannon said...

Woah! Looks like a great time! Good luck to your racers! Keep us posted :)