Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fire!


Bonfire that is! Since we live out in the "country", we do things you wouldn't normally see your neighbors do if you if you lived in say an apartment or the suburbs. Well, one of our neighbors does a huge bonfire about once a year in his backyard and we do hot dogs and s'mores. The kids all run around, jump on the trampline, go in the awesome playhouse, or hang out in the cleanest garage in America. Complete with TV and a foosball table! Well, after watching him build the biggest bonfire I had ever seen for the past 18 months, it was finally bonfire time! We missed the lighting (who wants to be the first to show up?), but the fire department didn't. 4 trucks showed up! They gave us the all clear and the "party" started! It was pretty much food and conversation, and the guys drinking too much beer. We had a ton of fun! Of course my teenager was with friends (he's almost 16 what can you do?) and Hunter got nowhere near the camera, he was skateboarding in the driveway. I did get a few photos before my camera started displaying weird orbs? Maybe ashes or something, who knows? Chloe also taught Erin's daughter what I call the MySpace pose: a peace sign while trying not to look at the camera. I did have a little "incident" last night... I am a "big girl" you know not skinny, but I pride myself on being strong. Genetics, weight lifting, having 5 mean brothers, who knows? Well, a friend bet me that I could tackle her drunk husband. And being the stupid ass that I can be sometimes I took her up on it. Major mistake, I had forgotten that he used to play semi-pro football. Plus, even a drunk fool isn't gonna let a woman show him up. So, I was made to look like an idiot. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought. But, that made me all the more determined to hit the gym even harder. It's war! I think I even pulled something in my back! I was very happy to jump in the tub and soak.


5 comments:

James said...

Looks like you all had a great evening, sounds fun - good try by the way Ashley, maybe if he had just a few more beers? (wink)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

YAY for fire! I want to start a bonfire in my backyard, burn down all my overgrown trees :). My neighbors are all fire fighters, though, so I dont think I would get away with it!
Looks like you guys had fun...and no worries, Im sure after a few more weeks at the gym you'll be able to take that dude DOWN!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day! Sometimes it is fun to have a full day and then sit back and relax in the tub :)

Ashley said...

You could try, you might get a little bit burned before they show up to put it out. Does Arlington have cute firefighters?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

naw...these are GP ones...the one across the street is middle aged and short...the one next door is retired...i may have to try and burn some stuff to see and then just play the "i didnt know, officer" card :)