Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good friends...

I am so thankful that I have been blessed with such amazing friends. I have met some of my dearest friends since we moved here. Sure I had plenty of friends before who are very near and dear to me and always will be, but I have met some in the last 3 years that I know will be lifelong friends as well. They go above and beyond normal friendship. I mean who else would fax an important paper because you are out of town and need that paper, NOW? Who else would pick up your child from school and let them have an impromptu play date because you need to finish running errands? Who else loans you crutches, Cascade, suitcases, etc, etc? Who would sit with you in the ER when your appendix is about to burst? I love that the friends we have met here, will come for dinner on a school night, or hang out playing board games until the wee hours of the morning. The guys get along great, the kids can't get enough of each other, and the girls get along even better. I constantly have a shopping partner or someone to listen to me vent. Last year we even shared Christmas dinner with Erin and her family. Many a friend has bailed Jon out when he ran out of gas, in the convertible, with the kids, in the middle of a busy street! The friends we have made here are definitely heaven sent and mean the world to Jon and I. So this post is in honor of friends! Thanks for being there when we needed it most, and when we just needed to unwind after a long crazy week. Or just because. We truly treasure all of ya'll. It is my hope that we have been as good of a lender, shoulder to lean on, there for you just because, make you laugh or smile, had the answer or advice you needed kind of friend that you have been for us. Thanks again...

No comments: