Friday, November 16, 2007

Some people...

have been offended and shocked by things I have posted. And to those people I apologize. Not for being me and not for my sense of humor. But I am sorry these "people" are not more open minded. If these people had bothered to get to know me better in all of the 33 years I have been alive, they would know me and my personality. I personally love my blog and find it charming and witty. Sure there are things that might embarrass the person they are written about a tiny bit. I obviously never meant to hurt anyones feelings or embarrass them. If I ever did, I would certainly remove the offending post. It is the year 2007 and things are not the way they were in the 40's and 50's let alone even 10 years ago. I post things that are relevant, humorous, silly, cute, and dear to me. I did not start this blog to be prim and proper and polite. I did it as a project to keep me occupied and share my family and friends with others, who don't see us as often. I am so tired of apologizing for who I am. I am not going to pretend to be someone I am not. I am an adult, sure I may not have as much wisdom and class as someone who has lived a much longer life than me. But, I am me take me as I am and if you are annoyed or offended or find this blog tacky, go read something else. Maybe Dear Abby, Heloise, or Miss Manners.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Ash, don't worry about what that old bad said. There's a reason we don't speak to her. And if she saw us on the street, she would no idea who we were, and we wouldn't know her. We'd think, "That grumpy looking lady looks kinda like a mean Mom."

Kelli said...

bat, not bad

Simply Sarah *K* said...

i love ya! i know a few others that do, too...so...we gotcha back! lol :) we can take 'em!

Ashley said...

send me your email address and i'll forward you the item that started this... oh and thanks, right back at ya!

Shannon said...

um, yeah, what the heck? people are wierd, you haven't even done anything remotely offensive...except not give me your cocoa maker! hehe

Ashley said...

Basically we have a crotchety stuck up Aunt. My mom had been hassling me to send her my blog link and I did. She emailed me back yesterday and criticized me pretty harshly for 2 specific posts, because that's probably all that she read. The one about my dad's "sayings" and the one where my hubby burned his foot. But then in the same email she tells me I have cute kids and to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I took it pretty hard. You know, when you are proud of something and someone cuts you down, that stings a little. But oh well.

Kelli said...

But it's like you said, she's a crotchedy old woman. I mean, this is one of the women who said you and Jon should not celebrate your marrige because it was a shameful union. And let's not even bring up other stuff she said. I'd probably be really upset, too, and there's no telling what she thinks of mine, she just doesn't have my e-mail address. But as someone outside of the situation, don't let her grumpy, crotchedy old self bring you down. It's absurd the things she was "offended" by.

James said...

I think Kelli said it all -

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh my gosh! that is so awful that she would write that to you!! and your AUNT of all people! ugh, people just make me mad!

Kelli said...

She's our aunt in name only.