Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gives new meaning to the term Thanksgiving break...

Well, Chan did something I thought Hunter would have done first, he broke his leg. The fibula to be exact. And not only did he break his leg, he tore just about every ligament in his ankle. So he is in a cast and he will be having surgery next week, to have screws put in his ankle. As far as I know we are going to try and go to Tulsa still, while Chan stays with my parents. We'll see how things go the next day and a half. We spent a total of ten combined hours at Carenow, the ER, and traveling. And can I just say that there are some weird ass people in the ER at night? I have seen and heard it all. The lady across the hall snored worse than Jon ever has. The man next to me wouldn't stop burping. I guess the lady in the corner didn't want to feel left out, so she farted about a hundred times! I am so glad to be home. We were starving and I swear we caught SARS, bird flu, staph, and probably hepatitis just to name a few. Gross! There's no place like home. Even if it's still half cleaned! P.S. if you haven't yet, you should watch this video...

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Yikes! Poor chandler and what an experience! I can't believe he BROKE his ankle! And I can testify to the weirdness of peeps in the ER at night b/c I take their studies! A bunch of drunks and psych ward patients :O Yay for surviving (both you and Chandler!)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

oh man! yeah...you have a 50/50 change of breaking something after jumping into boxes like that...at least he will have a good story to tell! I hope it mends fast! Poor guy....and like Shannon...Ive seen some crazy stuff, whoa! I might have cut off my foot, rather than go! With a spoon!
I hope you get over your bird flu before Turkey day...those two things just DON'T go together!

James said...

omg - you can even hear it crack, that made me cringe. And someone even said right before, "this is a bad idea".

Kelli said...

The funniest part is that ever since Ewan saw that video a couple of times, he's been getting on top of stuff like the couch or pillows, saying, "This is a bad idea," jumping, making a weird crunch noise, and then going, "Aaaaah!"

Anonymous said...

Because Im old I couldnt hear the crunch. It is best I didnt hear it. In spite of my insensitive question, I hope you have a wonderful time and I am sure Chan will be ok.