Friday, November 23, 2007

Waiting... (WARNING, long post ahead)

Hi! Long time no post! So, I guess I'll start where I left off. Our first night was absolutely miserable. Small room, next to the Interstate, and the airport, on one of the busiest flying days of the year. I had no idea THAT MANY people flew the redeye into Oklahoma! Plus Hunter turned the heat on high! And our pillows were more like pillow substitutes! The next morning we headed to the expo and like a bunch of zombies watched Hayden practice. After that the boys rode their bikes on "the hill" with about a million other kids while we walked around. The hill is the long ramp for wheelchairs, golf carts, bikes, etc. for people or things who can't take stairs. Definitely a popular place to hang out. I can't even begin to describe the atmosphere at the expo, it is AWESOME! Vendors everywhere, tons of people, no 2 bikes are alike, and the ultimate is the indoor track. So cool! I hope the boys want to keep doing this, because Jon and I already want to come back! If not, I may have start training to race myself, soon! So, after that we drug the boys and Chloe back to the truck and went on a two hour trek for a new hotel. We finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a suite. And it is awesome. We were in a room with 2 double beds and a tiny bathroom. Add in 5 people, 2 bikes, an ice chest, a rubbermaid tub full of food, and a ton of miscellaneous and you get the picture. Poor Chan would have been miserable. Hunter's air bed sprung a leak so he ended up with the upper half of his body on the floor. It was time to move on. So we are now in a 2 room suite. Where there's a living area with table and chairs, fold out sofa, bar, frig, and microwave. Then a huge bathroom, dressing area, and 2 more beds. Plenty of room to spread out. I may have to donate plasma to pay for it, but we all agree it was necessary. We hung out in our room, and then went and watched the pros practice last night. Afterwards, we found out we had missed the Thanksgiving potluck that was thrown by other Ft. Worth families. We couldn't find anyone we knew! So at 6:30 we went to dinner at IHOP. Yummy, eggs and pancakes for Thanksgiving! It was quiet when we got there and filled up quick. Lots of other people from the track were there and tons of other people as well. So, after our first decent night of sleep we are gonna go sightsee a little before the pros do their exhibition tonight. Tomorrow is Hayden's big day! We are a little nervous, as he has not done so well on his practices. He would rather ride his bike on the hill! Anywho, I will try and post again tomorrow. The one downfall of this hotel is the internet isn't free. Which is unbelievable, especially considering the price. I may have to find a McDonalds with free Wi-Fi. We'll see... We miss ya'll, especially Chan. I can't wait to give him a big ole bear hug. I will post some photos later. I left my camera charger at home and have only a little battery left. So I am saving it for the big stuff! See ya'll soon!

No comments: