Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hayden's BMX debut! Best Day Ever!

Oh man, our entire family is on such a high tonight! Today was a freakin' blast! Hayden officially began his BMX racing career, and can I just say he was amazing!? A natural! We got to the track early and purchased his helmet and outfit. Then he practiced for 2 hours before the actual "motos" (qualifying rounds) began. He must have gone around the track 30 times! When it was finally time to start I was of course a nervous wreck! He was so little and so cute. I started crying, like I do every time I see the kids do something new or do especially well at something they love and enjoy. I quickly regained my composure and cheered him on! He finished 2nd in his first "moto", crashed in the second "moto", and 1st in his last "moto". The crash was pretty scary, as a little girl ran over his back!! I was freaking out, and he was MAD. That is when him being so little came back into focus. The minute he saw us when he came off the track he burst into tears. Poor baby. It took a back rub, some hugs, and special juice (Powerade) to get him back in good spirits. After a 10 minute break it was time for the championship round. He started out in second and quickly sped into first place!! But, it being his first time he started coasting towards the finish line as the other kid pumped past him. But, oh my gosh he got 2nd place! His very first time! It was awesome! And to hear the announcer praise "MYERS from CROWLEY in the lead" was so cool! He definitely made an impression on the other seasoned riders, they were surprised to hear that it was his first time. He got a nice fat trophy! He'll probably sleep with it. Speaking of, he was so excited about today that he got up at 6:00 this morning. I am soo proud of him and so were the big kids. They are all wanting to race now! Can you say $$$$!?!? They were very supportive and happy for him. I still keep getting choked up thinking about it. I love my kids, they are so awesome and I am so lucky! Enjoy the millions of photos! I actually took over 100 of them.

6 comments:

James said...

WooHoo!!!! WAY TO GO HAYDEN!

Anonymous said...

Thanks

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I get teary, too...and during the oddest times...just so proud of those kids!

Shannon said...

That is SOOO cool! Way to go Hayden!

Anonymous said...

Ifeel like the Grandmother of a celebrity! Congratulations Hayden.

Ashley said...

Mom, you're already the mother of a celebrity. Kidding!