Monday, November 19, 2007

Tag!

Ok, so I got blog-tagged the other day. Which means I am to tell you 6 unknown things about me. I have racked my brain thinking of things so here goes:

**My nickname is Rat. I have been called that for as long as I have been alive. I know my family is thinking "that's not unknown!" But, I am not sure if they know why I am called that? How it started, where it came from? And, I can't stand when anyone other than my dad calls me that. I let it slide when my mom says it, but no one else, understood?
**I absolutely love to read! It is hands down my favorite thing to do (except family of course!) I would love to be trapped in a library or bookstore. If I am in the middle of a good book, you can forget about getting me to do anything. I will not eat, drink, shower, or brush my teeth. I will sit or lie in various comfortable places in the house and read, read, read. I will stop and tend to the kids, reluctantly. I have been known to head to Barnes and Noble at 5 til 11 and run in for a book, because like a fellow blogger, I love new books.I literally feel rich because I own a lot of books, and dream of a library or study in my next house.
**In middle and high school I wanted to be a cheerleader, BAD! I totally didn't have the look, shaved hair and piercings do not a cheerleader make. But, I had the skills. I knew however that the cost was way too much for my parent's and I was a big ole chicken. To this day I regret not just doing it. If I ever drop a ton of weight, I am so taking an adult gymnastics class. And I will so cheer. In my bathroom when no one's home!
**I hate to clean but I love to clean. It is therapeutic. And my house looks pretty darn nice when it's clean. But, there are days (reading a good book) when I don't lift a finger. And if my own mom popped in on me I probably wouldn't let her in. I'm talking it gets nasty! So, I keep it that way until 5:30, and then I start working, hard! At that point I have 1 hour to turbo clean and start dinner before Jon walks in the door. The goal is to make it look like I slaved away in the house all day. Soft lamplight and candles work wonders.
**I want to be an interior designer or nurse when I grow up. I still have this goal in the back of my mind. I have wanted to do one or both of those for as long as I can remember. But, I am scared. Don't be surprised if I start school again one day. As I get older and life changes each day on a dime and things don't go as I planned, I daydream about it more and more. I loooove to decorate and I like to pretend I am Florence Nightingale in modern form. So check back often. You may see a first day of school post, all about me. Hmmmm....
**I am probably the nosiest person on earth. I am the one who drives slowly down the street at night when people still have their blinds open. I can scan a room in 15 seconds flat. I ask every kid who steps foot in my car or house: what do your parents do? How old are they? And various other questions. It drives my kids crazy. I have been called weird more than once, by many kids. I like to think I'm informed. You should see me in public. I will talk to anyone. I won't shut up. And by the time I am done I will know everything there is to know about that total stranger next to me and then some.
Ok, so there are my 6 things. I hope you feel so close to me now. Ok not really. But, as I was typing this. I thought of one more: I totally wish I could have lived in the 1800's. Crazy huh? And, I have no one to tag. Unless my sister in law Sarah wants to start her blog?? Or anyone else who reads this and isn't a blogger, please remember your gal Ashley. I think a blog-tag-post would make a lovely start to your very own blog.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I also was born 250 years too late. And you should SO be a nurse. Or a decorator. Or a party planner.

Shannon said...

good, good list! I loved allof those things about you! I too like to be nosy! and it is NEVER too late to be what you want to be when you gorw up, that is so cool that you want to go back to school, I think you pretty much have the interior design thing down! I am SO calling you when we get our first house, if we live in texas that is!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Oh my gosh! You crack me up :)...thanks for the shout out...new books rule. I just bought another one today (eek)!
Im with you and Kelli...I would have LOVED to live back in the 1800's...it would have been hard, but so worth it. I have always hoped that we get a couple more lives to live...cause I would love to experience so many different things, cultures, careers!
Good post!

Ashley said...

thanks guys! nirsing may not be my forte after all. tonights er trip wiped me out. i smell like antiseptic and all i did was sit there. thanks shannon, i would love to help anyone decorate!

Ashley said...

nursing, i can spell. duh!

James said...

decorator would be cool ;-)

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fabulous, very stimulating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://www.katalogstron-seo.org/aktualnosci,k,17/]opony[/url]