Friday, November 2, 2007

Ashley and the terrible, horrible, very bad day!

Today started off decent enough. No one was sick, no one overslept, no one missed the bus, and no one forgot anything. The only issue was that we discovered that we have some sort of wild animal living in the wall in our master bedroom. What it is or how it got there I don't know, and I am not sure I want to know. It just frantically wiggles and scratches around and sounds like it might be quite large and awfully stuck! After getting over the yuck factor, I was off in a mad dash to the hair salon. Where I got a groovy new cut (bangs!) and color. Next stop: Bath and Body Works for some good smelling bubble bath, lotion, and room sprays. I then went to hang out with Kelli and the boys for a bit. Afterwards on the way to pick Hayden up from school I think to myself what a good day I'm having especially after being a little down recently. Big mistake as I got stuck in my second traffic jam of the day. This one was worse, I was stuck on the I-35 bridge (which is like a million feet tall and scary) for 20 minutes which made me late to pick up Hayden. So Erin got him for me. (thanks Erin!) I get Hayden from Erin's and we head to the gym to meet up with Jon and my personal trainer, both of whom never showed up! Thanks guys! After finally arriving home, the bus carrying Hunter and Chloe shows up, and here comes Hunter bawling because they took his cell phone away. To say he is furious with me for not marching up there immediately and retrieving it would be a massive understatement. Gosh Mom,it only costs $15. He threw the largest fit, like he just found out someone killed Santa Claus. And wouldn't you know about 37 seconds later my cell phone rings and Chandler is calling to say he missed the bus, big surprise. I get to the school and he is waiting with a friend who also missed the bus and needs a ride. Aaarrgghhh! We get his friend dropped off and finally head home. Which should be pretty simple since my car can make the trip with it's headlights closed (haha). But no, not one but two little punks walk right in front of my car! On purpose, didn't even look, like they owned the road. I will spare you the details on what was said, but rest assured I did roll down my window and say a few choice words. Punk was one of them. And idiot. Now, I am FINALLY HOME, with a coke and a double stuf Oreo cookie. All I need now is a good animal rescue person to come cut this animal out of my wall. If he/she can also patch and paint walls that would be a serious bonus. Any takers?
*update* Just to let everyone know, I had finally settled down to watch TV before I had to make dinner when Jon called. He needed me to meet him at the bike shop to fit Hayden for his new bike. We had 15 minutes until they closed. I only got lost once. We then proceeded to drop the amount of money on a bike some people spend on a month's worth of groceries. Once at the bike shop I was informed by Jon that he needed to play the second half of a soccer game in 45 minutes, because his old team was short handed. So at this point I am only mildly annoyed and decide to get pizza for dinner. Hunter and Chloe sit outside the pizza place while I order and get scolded by another customer for misbehaving, meanwhile Jon and Hayden head home to unload the bike and get soccer gear ready. The second we drive up with pizza, Chandler meets me at the door saying he needs a ride to a friend's house. So I set down the pizza and throw a mini tantrum in the front yard. Now it is only a little chaotic here. Hayden is riding his bike in the living room, Chloe is doing backflips in the game room, and I am taking pics of me and my new haircut. Seriously, all of this really happened today. Here are some pics of my new haircut, two are silly ones like the kind the kids put on MySpace. Enjoy? And sorry sooooooo long......

16 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

It has totally got to be a full moon tonight...hope your night was better!!!

Shannon said...

Oh no! sounds like you are in serious need of a bubble bath! And, dang, was your day packed! I couldn't have that much stuff on my schedule if I tried! LOL...no go take that soak!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

AND...please post a pic of the new hair! Im in the mood for a hair cut and need some inspiration!

Ashley said...

Here are some pics and some more drama. I guess it doesn't look that different, but I have bangs now, which I haven't had since Hayden was born. I did get fresh color to cover my gray. I think my bangs need to be shorter?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

SUPER SWEET haircut, ms Ashley, if I do say so myself!
Makes me all that more excited to get one tomorrow! Im going to TRY and get into a salon, but I will probably end up going to a Fantastic Sams...not that there is anything wrong with Sam!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

will this day ever end?
I like the bangs...but if they are shorter, they will last longer...but then there is no tucking available...still cute, either way

Ashley said...

Thank you. My hair dresser charges $15 for a cut and style, with haircut and color it's $75. Yes, I will be taking a bath, with my new bubble bath, and a magazine. I can't wait!!!!

Kelli said...

It looks really good, and you look like Julie in that last picture. Pretty young Julie, not crazy Julie. I am so jealous, I want my hair cut. I have no $. Meep.

Ashley said...

I'll cut your hair! Between me and you we can do it right, right?

Shannon said...

Oooo, I love your new cut! I ned a new cut too, but I also have NOOO moolah! Ya wanna cut mine too? lol, i just need a trim...

Ashley said...

Thanks!
I could try! Your hair is pretty long,if I mess up there's plenty left over!

Anonymous said...

Ash, it looks really good! I love the color!

Amy

Simply Sarah *K* said...

only $75!! thats not bad at all! I like to do my own color from the cheap box! but after a day like today i might just go for the gold and have them do it!

Unknown said...

Ashley, you are truly superwoman. How do you have time for so much blogging and picture-taking? I can just about get up, go to work, get home, and go to bed. I hope to perfect these things eventually.

Unknown said...

AND...
Go Hayden!! Do let us know when he performs so maybe we can go see some.
Also I could not find the video or the words round-off back flip. Again?

James said...

Love the hair cut, you look great!