Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hayden rocks my socks!!

My baby did it! He won first place tonight. We went to a very nice track in Desoto, it's covered! He is off to a rockin' start in his BMX career. In 8 days he rode onto a track for the first time and has now been in 3 races! So far he has gotten 1st place once (trophy) and 2nd place twice (1 trophy and 1 ribbon)! I am super proud of him, but certainly don't want to bore anyone with bike talk. He will be racing twice a week and attending a clinic next weekend, all to get him ready for the Grand Nationals in Tulsa, OK. Should be exciting and kinda like a mini vacation. There are riders of all ages and several pro BMX'ers who do lots of exhibition rides and tricks etc. However it will cut our Thanksgiving short as we have to leave as soon as we scarf down some turkey and pie. Should be fun, we are very much looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who said I am making a pie? Good luck to Hayden the biker. Congratulations on your wins thus far!

James said...

WAY TO GO HAYDEN!

Kelli said...

I am so proud of Hayden! Gee, is Mom hosting Thanksgiving? Thanks for inviting me!