Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just to let you know....

about our weekend. We were pretty lazy this weekend, unless you count three trips to the BMX track lazy. Hunter and Hayden raced at the Desoto track on Friday and Saturday. Then the boys, Jon, AND Chloe raced at Cowtown Sunday. Yes, you read that right, my baby girl raced for the first time. She did awesome! She did not make the main event, but did manage to lead the pack in all of her qualifying rounds, until the very end of each round. She was simply too tired. But for her first time, I was very proud of her. Jon is enjoying himself as well, but keeps having to race more experienced riders. Which is frustrating him alot! He is VERY competitive and has vowed to beat everyone next weekend. Afterwards, we stopped of at Saltgrass for dinner. Which was yummy, (and not too salty Shannon!) Our waitress had a little mishap: she spilled a small cup of dressing and it splashed the outside of my purse, the floor behind our table, the wall by Hunter, and a little bit on his back. So, they took $20 off of our tab! I totally should have ordered the steak! Oh well! I have included two pics of Chloe today, one before the race and one after. Can you tell which is which?

Now, on to my babysitting dilemma. Some of you may not agree with the way it was handled. But, I'll fill you in anyway. My husband did my dirty work... And I am ashamed and embarrassed. But, he called them for me and explained that I was simply too busy with my own family to devote the time and attention required for such a young baby. They understood, but were a little disappointed. They have found her a spot at a daycare center not far from the school where the husband is a principal. We took her things back to them, including a pink stuffed butterfly that I purchased for her at Target last week. It lights up and makes noise. I know it doesn't make up for the fact that I let them down any easier. But, I got it to keep here and I wanted her to have it. Tomorrow I am going to write them a letter apologizing. I just feel really bad and feel as if a nice letter might help. I know it probably could have been handled better, but I am a big chicken. I just feel a big relief that I am no longer tied down and can do some nice things for myself. So, tomorrow I am headed back to the gym. Yay! I have so many things coming up that I really don't know how I would have been able to get anything done. Hunter's 12th birthday is coming up! And, that is just the tip of the iceberg. We are also headed back to Oklahoma for another BMX adventure the first weekend in February...

No comments: