Sunday, January 27, 2008

Things I learned today...

1. I really love Sunday School class.
2. Getting stuff ready for church the night before makes things run smoother.
3. Actually trying on the outfit you designed in your head will save you alot of time and drama.
4. One Halls cough drop will make your breath smell sorta ok and lasts through Relief Society.
5. A 12 year old boy can remove his tie, shirt, shoes, socks, check his cell phone for messages, and put on his seatbelt in 5.4 seconds or the amount of time it takes you to exit the parking lot, whichever is least.
6. Going to church without your husband and knowing 5 whole people is scary and lonely.
7. I can't remember names very well.
8. Getting into class late saves you from saying the prayer, but only because you're still nervous.
9. Flip flops, blue jeans, and pink hair are now acceptable church attire. Who knew?
10. Your kids will flip out if you get out of class late.
11. That although your children are new at church, they already know the way to the Bishop's office and that he keeps a jar of Hershey kisses handy.
12. That if I set out the ingredients for dinner, darling husband just might start cooking.
13. That I couldn't sing pretty if my life depended on it, which is funny because...
14. I still look like Bette Midler according to 3 more women at church...

5 comments:

Krista said...

That is so funny and so true!! Especially the one about getting ready the night before. It's so much nicer when I know I have everything sitting at the door waiting for me. I'm glad you are enjoying sunday school. That's always been a hard class for me to sit through but I think it all depends on the teacher.

Ashley said...

I totally agree with you about the teacher. I am kinda afraid that I'll get a calling soon. Which is all well and good, but I really need this class and I really enjoy it. The sad thing is our ward starts at 1 and we were still late!!!

Shannon said...

lol, i cant do sunday school, i just cant sit through it! After 4 years of being in the hall with one kid or another, it is just too hard! I need to get my butt back in there. And I love your list! number 3 esp. I hate when i have my outift all planned and i wake up and something is missing or doesnt look right. I hate to admit I have missed many a sunday due to nothing to wear!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Very good list...I agree about Sunday School, I am a sucker for it, especially if a teacher has done their homework.
Eh...being late is my biggest problem, not that everyone doesn't know that already...but just call it Mormon Standard time!

Anonymous said...

I am going to comment on several things. You are infantessamally more beautiful than Bette. The world is a duller place without President Hinckley, and I dont appreciate the lack of coverage on national tv. I am so proud of you and I know u will be blessed for going back to church and your awesome testimony.