Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Weee'rrreee Baaack!

Happy Freakin' New Year! Did you miss us? We are finally home from our little BMX adventure trip! And, can I say that we are nuts? We went to our local BMX track, Cowtown for a little New Years Eve celebration at around 10. The actual racing didn't start until midnight, but the guys practiced on the track while Chloe and I froze to death and drank cold (hot) chocolate. There was free stew and chili, so that was nice. Jon, Hunter, and Hayden all raced. Jon did pretty good for his first time, he and Hayden got 3rd place, while Hunter brought home 1st place. While we had a good time, next year I am taking a heated blanket or something. It was freezing! We got home at 3:00 in the morning. I still had packing to do, and didn't get to bed until after 4. Let me tell you, 6:30 came quick! We cruised half awake to the new track, Building Champions Raceway in Leander, Tx and got lost of course. We finally made it, and once again the guys practiced while me, Chloe, and Chandler waited for Amy and Jesse to arrive. They got a little lost too. No biggie, we all hung out, froze some more, and watched the races. Hayden took 2nd, Hunter took 1st, and Jon didn't do as well as he would have liked. It was decided by all that Amy and Jesse would take Chan and Chloe home with them and me, Jon, and the boys would go on to Lonestar BMX track in San Antonio. Jon was not feeling well and decided not to race, so we watched Hunter and Hayden practice for the race in the comfort of our Suburban with a nice big blanket. Once again, Hunter got 1st and Hayden got 4th. He was not at all happy about that and cried himself to sleep, which took about 45 seconds. I am only a little jealous that Chan and Chloe got to hang out at Amy and Jesse's. They had pizza, played guitar hero, went to Target, made jewelry, curled their hair, and played with the dog. Well, ok, Amy and Chloe did hair and jewelry. We left San Antonio at around 7:30 and headed to their house. When we finally got there, we couldn't wait to go to sleep. It was not a relaxing trip, that's for sure. I personally have never been as tired or as cold in my entire life as I was the last two days. It was an adventure for sure, but I am not sure we'll do it again. I am bummed that we didn't get to see Amy and Jesse hardly at all. But the guest bed was pretty comfortable, so I am sure we'll be back. The kids definitely can't wait to go back. They are already planning the next trip. Well, there you have it in a nutshell, our 36 hour kick-off to the New Year! I hope everyone has an awesome year and that all of your resolutions, wishes, and dreams for 2008 come true.
P.S. #1 I took little or no pictures, I might have some to post later.
P.S. #2 Amy and Jesse- thanks a bunch for letting us crash at your place, and for coming so far to watch the boys race, it means alot! We'll be back! Give Jack a nice, fat, cold, wet kiss for us!

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Sounds like you had fun!!! What a blast!

Anonymous said...

You should copy the pics off Amy's myspace. She has 10 or so of the kids, etc.