Sunday, January 27, 2008

The wind beneath these wings is getting ticked!

Ok, so that same woman at church told me I looked like Bette Midler today. Not only did she stop me in the hall, but she told me that her and 2 other ladies brought it up the other day. They were visiting teaching and it was brought up about me resembling Bette. So, this other lady brought out a picture of Bette and they all concurred!!! Well, 2 more women overheard this today and piped in that yes, I did look "just like Bette Midler!" I was floored! And super annoyed. I mean seriously, does this need to be brought up by this woman every single time she sees me? She obviously finds this amusing or feels as if she is flattering me. Honestly though, I am tired of it. I am going to try and steer clear of her from now on. I usually am not the type to speak up, but if she says it again I am going to politely ask her to stop. And, although I am no beauty queen, I do not think I look like Bette Midler. Or do I, and I just never realized it? And, if I look like Bette Midler, does this mean my mom looks like Barbra Streisand? And my sisters like Celine Dion and Cyndi Lauper??

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I think some people see that shade of red hair and just think all people with it look similar. While I love Bette Midler, I don't think she is pretty like you, at all. I've never once thought you looked like her. You really, truly, seriously DON'T.

Ashley said...

Thanks, and I don't think I look like her either. I am just more than a little baffled at this woman. Plus, how many times did I use the word Bette in that post? Like a hundred....or something...

Shannon said...

some people i just dont get! I agree with Kelli, and we are not jsut being nice, you DO NOT look like bette! Molly ringwald: yes. Bette: no.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yes...im going to chime in and say..you are ALOT prettier than Bette...these ladies are just crazy and bored, more than likely!
BUT..maybe your Momma might like that she looks like Babra S. LOL. OR NOT. Ü