Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bette is that you?

We just got home from church. I took Chloe and Hayden with me. Chandler doesn't own a single item he can wear to church and Hunter is still in Frisco. So, we braved it alone. It was AWESOME! The talks were great, I only wish Jon and the boys could have been there with us. In due time... Anyway, I especially loved Sunday School, I didn't want it to end. Such an amazing lesson. There was one little thing though, this lady in Relief Society told me I looked like Bette Midler, and I almost cried. For real, I was traumatized. What do y'all think?

7 comments:

Parvum gaudia said...

Hey, Bette changed her hair! Where have I been? She certainly doesn't have your beautiful red hair--you do share high cheek bones (lucky) Your nose is smaller--much smaller and I will admit that you have a similar "glamorous" look about you. So, next time, you'll just have to retort "Yes, I am gorgeous, aren't I?"

Kelli said...

Um, no.

Shannon said...

LOL, that is so funny! Did she think she was being nice??

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I have always thought Bette was attractive and "glamorous" as Party of 8 said up there! Ever since Beaches! I'm sure in her minds eye it was a compliment!

Ashley said...

Yes, I think she was being complementary in her opinion. I don't know it just kinda threw me off. I guess because Bette Midler (like her character in Beaches) is kinda gruff and unladylike. Which I guess is like me???? I don't know, I guess her talent and personality are great, but I can't sing for the life of me. I had just never heard that ever. It was kinda embarrassing. She said it to me in front of about 6 other women as opening exercises were beginning, so it was awkward. When someone says the words "do you know who you remind me of ?" I always cringe. Anyway, sorry so long!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

LOL...yeah, thats not quite fair of her to say that in front of so many people!! I'm always dreading the line after that "do you know who you remind me of" comment...just PRAYING that it's not Roseanne or Queen Latifah..even though, I would probably TAKE Queen just b/c of her personality :S...but anyways...

Ashley said...

Hah, Roseanne. Funny. I have been told I remind people of: Annie Lennox, Cyndi Lauper, Bette Midler, Molly Ringwald, and a white Whitney Houston... Go figure?!