Monday, January 7, 2008

Like riding a bike...

uphill, barefooted, with a flat tire. Today was my first day of babysitting Emma and all I can say is WOW! It's been awhile, and I am out of practice, but it was fun! She is absolutely adorable. She is just learning to smile and is trying to coo. She smelled heavenly, like Dreft, Johnson's baby bath, and milk. She is however, alot spoiled! I spent most of the day holding her, since that is what she is accustomed to. Not that I minded. It did make it hard to get anything done. She is a messy little eater and she takes about 40 minutes to finish a 4 oz. bottle. Which is another thing I am not used to, I breastfed all of my kids, and knew nothing about those little bottles. The kind you drop the little bags into. You learn something new every day I guess. She is also a frequent spitter upper. So, today was fun, although I am worn out. I might actually lose weight too, since I didn't eat a bite until 2:00. Well, there you have it. My first day on the job. Each new day will definitely be interesting. And, by the way, my entire family is smitten with her. Even Jon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds very cute! :)

Shannon said...

Oh, sounds fun! But hard too, it is SO hard when a baby wants to be held all the time! It will get better with time and you may even convice her that entertaining herself once in awhile is fun too! LOL

Kelli said...

Maybe you'll end up getting a baby after all, if Jon's smitten.